So my friend has bought a new bike [conclusion]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
not at all, I recommended the Alu, as it was more durable. Hence why I have my 540 for regular rides like commutes
Why is Alu more durable than carbon? Practical maybe as you can attach pannier racks to the frame

winjim

Smash the cistern
Im refering to my cube being the 11 speed silly. The Tifosi is still only 10 speed
Yes I know. Your Cube is 11sp. You say you don't need it to be 11sp but say the Tifosi is "only" 10sp. So where does the "only" come from if 11sp is unnecessary?

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Yes I know. Your Cube is 11sp. You say you don't need it to be 11sp but say the Tifosi is "only" 10sp. So where does the "only" come from if 11sp is unnecessary?

you expect me to downgrade my cube to 10 speed after buying it? I dont quite understand what youre asking.

winjim

Smash the cistern
you expect me to downgrade my cube to 10 speed after buying it? I dont quite understand what youre asking.
Is 10 speed gearing rubbish as you implied at the beginning of the thread, or not rubbish as you implied later on?

midlife

Guru
Maybe he just liked the look of it :smile:. I bought my Basso because of how the bike looked and not on "bang per buck". Not very scientific :smile:

Its the 'Tifosi Andare Road Disc Tiagra Road Bike'

Catchy name.

He paid 1.1k which is bad value seeing as it's only Tiagra groupset though it's still a carbon frame.

Define value. Plenty of brands cost that much for the spec, even if one believes someone paid for the name, so what.

Further, not all carbon frames are the same. Different base material, different layup, different CAD, different overheads.

Ive tried to help him find better bikes both new and second hand but hes stubborn and thinks he knows bikes because he goes to loads of bike shows and has been cycling longer than i have.

This, I get you on. So many idiots buying stuff they think they are experts about. Don't waste time on them!

Hes not tried the bike out but hes 'tried a similar one' so he's put an order in for the Andare.

That's idiotic on his part, like me proposing to a woman coz she's a bit like my ex wife.

I tried to help him so much to find him a good deal but there's no talking to him.

That's your cue to stop bothering!

He'll be riding the bike with me on the Dynamo so he's not really give himself time to get used to the bike

So what? Do you think Bradley wiggins or some such would be slower than you if they borrowed someone else's bike?

Having read the whole silly thread I'm going to offer my opinions, which will be as irrelevant as yours are to the guy who's putting his hand in his pocket to buy the bike he wants.

Notes in-line, above. Bb

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Just to add a conclusion to the thread. It was me just being over pedantic for nowt.

In the end he picked up a 2017 Cube Agree Disc as the store he was purchasing from had issues with the Tifosi. They offered him £350 off another bike so he lucked out in a sense.

cube-agree-c62-disc-2017-road-bike-black-white-EV287835-8590-1.jpg

He absolutely loves it and he's pretty fast on it too! the Dynamo was his first proper ride out on it. As whoever was shipping it didnt want to ship it to his house so he went to the depot to collect it himself. I told him to rush it to my LBS (which is closer to him) to have them put it together properly and check that everything is running smoothly on it. Picked it up from the shop a few hours before the Dynamo and off we went.

He was absolutely chuffed. All i could hear was non stop boasting about how light it was and how he was out-accelerating everyone else.

He was like a boy in a toy shop. Kept accelerating hard and overtaking me by 100m before dropping back as I was pacing myself. He was getting drunk on the speed and acceleration and of course he paid for it 60miles into the ride. He played around so much that he burnt himself out.

He is well chuffed.

Top Bottom