So my friend has bought a new bike [conclusion]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I never said they couldnt.

Yeah, but id rather reserve my carbon for weekend rides and not a daily commute but different strokes for different folks.

They are similar bikes. both carbon, and we both paid around the same money despite me buying mine when it was on sale. In any case, for 1.1k Id still expect a bike with 105
But if you can only have one bike like your mate, wouldn't you want one that is the most enjoyable to use on sunny summer days. You have the luxury of two bikes, you said he wants just one

What's so special about 105 other than the extra two pretty much unnoticeable gears? All assuming you mean the 11 speed. Have you used 10 speed 4700 Tiagra and compared on identical bikes with the spec identical in every other way?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I never said they couldnt.

Yeah, but id rather reserve my carbon for weekend rides and not a daily commute but different strokes for different folks.

They are similar bikes. both carbon, and we both paid around the same money despite me buying mine when it was on sale. In any case, for 1.1k Id still expect a bike with 105
A pinarello f10 and a boardman with 105 are both carbon with same groupset.........does that mean they should cost the same

jowwy

But if you can only have one bike like your mate, wouldn't you want one that is the most enjoyable to use on sunny summer days. You have the luxury of two bikes, you said he wants just one

What's so special about 105 other than the extra two pretty much unnoticeable gears? All assuming you mean the 11 speed. Have you used 10 speed 4700 Tiagra and compared on identical bikes with the spec identical in every other way?
Hes just pissed with his mate for not taking his advice and is calling him out on his decesion with no recourse......glad he aint my mate

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~

I have not - but my Triban is a 10 speed and still great to use on sunny days though I would prefer my Cube

A pinarello f10 and a boardman with 105 are both carbon with same groupset.........does that mean they should cost the same

Of course not and i wouldnt expect so

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Hes just pissed with his mate for not taking his advice and is calling him out on his decesion with no recourse......glad he aint my mate

Im a little annoyed yes as i did spend a lot of time trying to search for good deals for him but im far from pissed as you assume i am

Lee_M

Guru
I recommended a Cannondale Synapse Alloy 105 Disc as that was the bike I was hoping to get to replace my Triban

Ah, so you're jealous of his bike and wanted him to buy a heavier one and not a nice light carbon one with a slightly inferior groupset??

jowwy

I have not - but my Triban is a 10 speed and still great to use on sunny days though I would prefer my Cube

Of course not and i wouldnt expect so
But thats your reason for comparing yours with his.....its carbon and cost 1.1k

So whats the difference, they are both carbon and both have 105........in your mentallity they should cost the same

jowwy

Im a little annoyed yes as i did spend a lot of time trying to search for good deals for him but im far from pissed as you assume i am
You must be or you wouldnt be on here bitching like a little princess about it

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Ah, so you're jealous of his bike and wanted him to buy a heavier one and not a nice light carbon one with a slightly inferior groupset??

Not really. The cannondale I recommended was more as a 'general use' suggestion as thats what he will be using his new tifosi for

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
You must be or you wouldnt be on here bitching like a little princess about it

Not really. Im just having a laugh at the ones who are to a lesser extent attacking me for my opinion and dont understand the point of my thread.

I didnt start the thread to start an argument. Im more then happy to have the thread locked if someone were to report it

Lee_M

Guru
Not really. The cannondale I recommended was more as a 'general use' suggestion as thats what he will be using his new tifosi for

Still don't understand what's wrong with a carbon bike with tiagra as opposed to a heavier aluminium ith 105 for the same price.

I have the synapse as my winter bike, and while its a good bike I'd pick carbon and tiagra over it anyday if it was my only bike

winjim

Smash the cistern
I just wanted a carbon bike and simply took the plunge. I wanted this bike to be special and it was what i could afford so thats how it went.
So you don't know a lot about bikes after all but "simply took the plunge"? I'm confused. And I still don't know why Ultegra's any better than Tiagra.

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Still don't understand what's wrong with a carbon bike with tiagra as opposed to a heavier aluminium ith 105 for the same price.

I have the synapse as my winter bike, and while its a good bike I'd pick carbon and tiagra over it anyday if it was my only bike

I guess its the combination of Carbon and Tigra... Carbon is made to be light but its weighed down (albeit a few hundred odd grams) by its groupset.

Top Bottom