So my friend has bought a new bike [conclusion]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
You need to read the thread title again, anything that begins with 'So my friend has' is clearly someone trying to disguise having an internal argument. It may interest you to know that his 'friend' is also toying with a variety of lifestyle and sexual proclivity choices.
I just experienced the feeling of sonder.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I just experienced the feeling of sonder.

Is that a bit like coming out of a solipsism coma?

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Especially if it had crap wheels which you needed to replace straight away.

They werent exactly crap but entry level. Mavic Aksium Elite's or something. Im a fairly burly bloke weighing in at 16 stone so opted to have some stronger wheels made that would better handle my weight as what i can fit into my Carradice

winjim

Smash the cistern
They werent exactly crap but entry level. Mavic Aksium Elite's or something. Im a fairly burly bloke weighing in at 16 stone so opted to have some stronger wheels made that would better handle my weight as what i can fit into my Carradice
So you bought a bike that wasn't suitable for your needs and had to spend extra money to make it so. You have to include that cost and inconvenience in your purchase price.

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
To be fair, it pretty much started as one.

It did not -- It started off about getting the best of your money. But this point seems to have gone beyond your understanding.

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
So you bought a bike that wasn't suitable for your needs and had to spend extra money to make it so. You have to include that cost and inconvenience in your purchase price.

I didnt need to -- but it definitely was something that was nice to have.

but of course, you can carry on demonising me as my original intention was to help a friend find a good bike for his money. He has one now even though It might *not be what i would call value for money

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member

but of course, you can carry on demonising me as my original intention was to help a friend find a good bike for his money. He has one now even though It might be what i would call value for money

:okay::whistle:

winjim

Smash the cistern

but of course, you can carry on demonising me as my original intention was to help a friend find a good bike for his money. He has one now even though It might *not be what i would call value for money
I'm not demonising you. You claim to know a lot about bikes and which bikes to buy, so I'm asking you questions about bikes and discussing with you the way in which you bought yours.

Top Bottom