So my friend has bought a new bike [conclusion]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lee_M

Guru
I guess its the combination of Carbon and Tigra... Carbon is made to be light but its weighed down (albeit a few hundred odd grams) by its groupset.

really so you reckon the difference in weight between tiagra and 105 is more than between AL and carbon?

Plus if its 10 speed not 11 then I guess the lack of that extra cog may cancel out the difference

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
So you don't know a lot about bikes after all but "simply took the plunge"? I'm confused. And I still don't know why Ultegra's any better than Tiagra.

I quite like my Ultegra's smoother/lighter shifting compared to my 105 (5700). I dont really need the whole 11 speed malarky but it came with the bike.

vickster

Legendary Member
I have not - but my Triban is a 10 speed and still great to use on sunny days though I would prefer my Cube

Of course not and i wouldnt expect so
But your Cube has a carbon frame, is lighter, newer? Anyhow, he'll enjoy his new bike I'm sure

vickster

Legendary Member
Im a little annoyed yes as i did spend a lot of time trying to search for good deals for him but im far from pissed as you assume i am
You did that for him out of pure altruism or because you enjoyed the process? Did he ask you to select a bike for him or just give him ideas, or was it because you wanted to?

Lee_M

Guru
Depends on the grade of carbon Im guessing

Just so I understand, you don't like your mates choice because he picked carbon and tiagra over aluminium and 105 (plus disc) because of the weight difference, even though you dont know what the weight difference actually is?

vickster

Legendary Member
Not really. Im just having a laugh at the ones who are to a lesser extent attacking me for my opinion and dont understand the point of my thread.

I didnt start the thread to start an argument. Im more then happy to have the thread locked if someone were to report it
Why don't you just report it yourself if you want it locked :wacko:

vickster

Legendary Member
His bike is newer. my cube is a 2016 model. and 8.1KG at stock while his is 8.78Kg
Is he lighter or heavier than you? Is his bike the same size as yours? If he doesn't yet have his bike, how do you know exactly how much it weighs to the gram as you say

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Just so I understand, you don't like your mates choice because he picked carbon and tiagra over aluminium and 105 (plus disc) because of the weight difference, even though you dont know what the weight difference actually is?

I never said i didnt like. I said there were better choices available -- ive also just looked at the weight differences though mine might be skewed as I have a heavier wheelset than the stock bike

S-Express

giphy.gif

winjim

Smash the cistern
I quite like my Ultegra's smoother/lighter shifting compared to my 105 (5700). I dont really need the whole 11 speed malarky but it came with the bike.
Hang on, at the beginning of this thread one of your gripes was that the Tifosi was "only 10 speed". You could at least be consistent.

Top Bottom