So wrong but I can't help myself....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
ELO.

One day I noticed that a lot of their lyrics involved references to space (stars, light, dark), atmospheric conditions (mainly rain), times of day and the colour blue.

Kind of ruined the listening experience ever after...

longers

Legendary Member
I don't feel guilty at all about enjoying a bit of ELO.

I worked with a bloke who was a HUGE ELO fan and one of his proudest moments was restoring some furniture for Jeff Lynne. He spent more time talking music with him than French Polishing apparently*. He's passed on now but whenever I hear "Mr Blue Sky" I always think fondly of Keith. A top bloke of the highest order.

He loved Queen too and when it came on the radio we'd sneak to the door of the sprayshop to watch him dancing :smile:.

Planted a tree for Keith - did I mention he was a good bloke?

* He got around a bit did Keith and worked for Dario Gradi too.

Dave5N

Über Member
Aha! Chuffy! You were right. There is a little lapse of taste in my otherwise impeccable collection.

Trout Mask Replica by Captain Beefheart.

I'm sitting here now with a glass of diluted grapefruit juice and a small helping of humble pie.

gbb

Legendary Member
Silver machine was the only track that did it for me...awesome track..and i remember it when it was released :blush:

But sadly, the rest never took hold for me.

T Rex were a band that no self respecting person admitted liking, but there are some brilliant tracks in there....some cack as well, but take out the glam side of it and isten to the lyrics and the voice.

Abitrary

I don't have or listen to any 'guilty pleasure' type albums.

I do have certain albums which I listen to far too much by accident, and the main culprit is Simple Things by Zero 7.

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Abitrary said:
I don't have or listen to any 'guilty pleasure' type albums.

I do have certain albums which I listen to far too much by accident, and the main culprit is Simple Things by Zero 7.
What, nothing? Surely you of all people must have some youthful indiscretion lurking on a dusty C90. Frankly I'm disappointed...:blush:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Kings of the Wild frontier by Adam and the Ants and stuff my Mel and Kim and Farley Jackmaster Funk. Oh dear

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
Kings of the Wild frontier by Adam and the Ants and stuff my Mel and Kim and Farley Jackmaster Funk. Oh dear
A new royal family a wild nobility, we are the family.....
I thought I was on a promise with Mel (out of Mel and Kim) one evening, coz she was looking at me in a really droooly way. Then I remembered she was on the telly and the curtains were open.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Oh forgot one Code Red by DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince. The kids had "borrowed" it and when I asked them if the had anything for a car boot sale they offered it up as none of them wanted it !!

Top Bottom