1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So wrong but I can't help myself....

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Chuffy, 16 Dec 2007.

1. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

I refer of course to my large collection of Hawkwind albums. Does anyone else have a band or artist that they know is wrong but nevertheless splendid?

2. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

Abba.

3. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

for MOST people, in other words, i.e. most people have an abba compilation in their car/mp3 player/home stereo and often listen to it in secret, but don't want to admit it. I don't though however.

4. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Er, what exactly is wrong about Hawkwind? They are a legendary band. Quite apart from their most famous track, Silver Machine, they have just been going for so many years half the worlds population must have seen them play.

5. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

I may be on my third glass of port but no way am I admitting to my Abba album yet!

6. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

you just have. :blush: :biggrin:

7. Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

I'm sober, live in the country and have Abba albums ...... there that's better.

8. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Well I definitely wouldn't admit to listening to it frequently, but I might have a few mp3s on hand for when the need takes a hold! :blush:

9. Jaded

Jaded New Member

You forgot to say that they also had Stacey's pancakes live on stage.

10. OP
    OP
    Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

I also own Britney's first album.

11. Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

I fold. I can't match that, the stakes are too high.

12. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Man-Machine Staff Member

My guilty delight is...
    Emerson Lake and Palmer.
    Yes, so pompous and self important they almost vanish up their own ar5e, but thoroughly enjoyable none the less.

13. SamNichols

SamNichols New Member

My secret shame is some Phil Collins (the fast upbeat 80s ones such as Easy Lover are great). Neneh Cherry's Buffalo Stance album. I do, however, hate ABBA.

14. redshift

redshift Senior Member

Secret shame? Good grief, I've followed Rush for so long that I've been unfashionable since I was 11... :blush:

15. longers

longers Veteran

Kenny Rogers.

I don't own any but Ruby* is on the radio now and it got me thinking. It was quite often on in the house when I was growing up and I do be liking him. I love The Gambler, a mate does a fantastic karaoke version of it.

*covered by The Killers she said.