So wrong but I can't help myself....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If we're talking live acts, is it OK to say that Gary Glitter put on a great show?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Crackle said:
Oooh! I don't think it's better than this xx(

http://www.valdoonican.co.uk/Delaney_Donkey.mp3

We should let the people decide
Ha ha ha Delaney's Donkey...not heard that in years! My parents were big on VD (er..that came out wrong...I meant Val Doonican)

but hold....BEAT THIS...
Not only did I use to have (someone nicked it at a party) a 12" single of the HAWKLORDS doing 25 years, with Silver Machine on the back, but somewhere in my attic is a tape (purloined from my dad many yrs ago) of the JAMES LAST ORCHESTRA'S version of Silver Machine..... I win! Ha ha ha :ohmy:

Cab

Stick on a Giant said:
If we're talking live acts, is it OK to say that Gary Glitter put on a great show?

He was a fine showman. Shame he turned out to be not such a good bloke after all.

graham56

Guru
Once bought a Leonard Cohen album xx( (Death of a Ladies Man), really wish i hadn`t -music made to depress- needless to say i got rid of it pretty fast

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Carwash said:
Ooh yes. Not a band or artist, but plenty of individual tracks that I really like but know I shouldn't. Here are some:

Chesney Hawkes - The One and Only
Toto - Africa
Bon Jovi - Livin' on a Prayer
The Grid - Swamp Thing
Linda Bentzing - Jag Ljuger Så Bra
Basshunter - Boten Anna
Wings - Live and Let Die
Europe - The Final Countdown

<shame>

So you bloody should be... that sounds exactly like the playlist my ex-neighbours used to put on and shout along to when drunk at 2am.

Well, never mind, they won't be doing that any more... xx(

My shame? Well, the only thing that I have that other people seem to think I should be ashamed of is Norah Jones, but you know what, I don't buy it - I like her voice, the rather gentle jazz-country mix, and the memories it has for my wife and I. Some artists actually deserve to be popular...

PS: I have always loved the Monkees and ABBA too - I don't think that's remotely embarassing. Not a Hawkwind fan though.

ChrisKH

Guru
redshift said:
Secret shame? Good grief, I've followed Rush for so long that I've been unfashionable since I was 11... :ohmy:

That makes two of us. Well three if you count Lifeson as well (no mistaking his loyalty). To my shame I was dressing the Xmas tree with Rush on full blast with my two boys playing air guitar..........xx(

MY real shame is an entire Genesis LP & CD collection together with various imports, singles, concert tickets, T-shirts, books, underpants, etc.

Fnaar said:
Ha ha ha Delaney's Donkey...not heard that in years! My parents were big on VD (er..that came out wrong...I meant Val Doonican)

Never mind Delaneys Donkey what about Paddy McGinty's Goat? Another fine Val Doonican ditty, straight from the rocking chair and cardigan meister :biggrin:

Anyway my other half has TWO albums by Ace of Base and also one by Take That...I've just got the standard Abba collections and I'm proud of it - originaly from the early 70s :sad:

ChrisKH

Guru
Chuffy said:
Ok, ok. My final ace.

Several Chris de Burgh albums (pre-Lady In Red).
Kerrr-ching! <scoops pot, wanders off to pub>

Could be worse. My eldest son's Nativity concert finished with the entire Key Stage 2 singing "A spaceman came travelling....". Quite moving actually.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I used to own (past tense, honest) a mass of singles when 'I were a lad' - all bought second hand (is that a saving grace?), but embarassing none-the-less... but some of them are still tunes I like to hear...

Africa - Toto
Big in Japan - Alphaville
Lean on Me - Red Box (I think)
Final Countdown - Europe

Oh the shame.... :sad:

I also own Shakespeare Sister album (unsure what the name is, it's the one with 'Stay' on it). And my Wife owns the cassette (look it up kids!) of East 17.... and I still married her knowing this!

I draw the line at a Britney album though. That's just sick. :biggrin:

Fnaar said:
Kirsty, if you need support, this forum is the right place... :sad::biggrin:

Thanks. He also has the dubious accolade of being one of the camera ops for Daniel O'Donnells last tour. As a result, he has a Daniel O'Donnell access all areas pass, which is currently hanging on the bed head. People's grannies would riot for such an item!!

Top Bottom