So wrong but I can't help myself....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
domtyler said:
Er, what exactly is wrong about Hawkwind? They are a legendary band. Quite apart from their most famous track, Silver Machine, they have just been going for so many years half the worlds population must have seen them play.
Just found it on YouTube. Stacia is looking somewhat out of it, but at least she remembered to keep her clothes on for this performance.

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Man, I wish I was special...I'm a creep, I'm a loser.....what am I doing here?...My album collection is horribly cool [Smiths, Tom Waits,JD, Bunnymen, David Sylvian, Johnny Cash etc], though I have got a large collection of 80s compilations for getting me through boring stuff like washing up, and I do own the Top Gun soundtrack, and Diamond Life by Sade. 'fraid that's the best I can do. I'll get me coat(:

Tony

I won't read the rest ot this thread! yet....

I have almost everything the mighty Hawks have ever done. There is nothing wrong with them!

Now, if I were harbouring a secret collection of Richard Clayderman discs, or worse still, Oasis.....

Maverick Goose said:
Man, I wish I was special...I'm a creep, I'm a loser.....what am I doing here?...My album collection is horribly cool [Smiths, Tom Waits,JD, Bunnymen, David Sylvian, Johnny Cash etc], though I have got a large collection of 80s compilations for getting me through boring stuff like washing up, and I do own the Top Gun soundtrack, and Diamond Life by Sade. 'fraid that's the best I can do. I'll get me coat(:

:blush: Gosh I would never have guessed you had the Top Gun theme track Maverick goose :tongue: :biggrin:

Blue

Legendary Member
dan_bo said:
I have an extensive Roy Harper collection.

I recall seeing and enjoying him play live a couple of times.

I too confess to being a big Hawkwind fan some years back - I have all their early stuff and still think a lot of their music is excellent. Black sabbath was also an early must have with me but I stopped buying their material when Ozzy left.

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Rhythm Thief said:
Actually, much as it pains me to admit it, Chris de Burgh's early stuff is pretty good:blush:. Spanish Train and Other Stories is not a bad album at all. If you tell the other Rhythm Thieves I said that, I won't speak to you ever again.
Maybe I should have used CdeB as the example in my OP. I'm here for you buddy, lets share the pain...:biggrin:

User76 - I own every single that Phixx ever recorded (er, all three of them). I would have their album but they never released one. They were fantastic and if I'm going to hell for anything it's that. :tongue:

Colin J, you will have mail. :blush::biggrin:

sjb

has to be Ozric Tentacles....just dug out a double CD of theirs that i haven't listened to for years, excellent stuff (mostly....)

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
sjb said:
has to be Ozric Tentacles....just dug out a double CD of theirs that i haven't listened to for years, excellent stuff (mostly....)
Yup, got some tapes somewhere. :becool:

sjb

Cab said:
I have, I believe, pretty nearly everything T'Pau ever recorded. Good band.

Although my guiltiest pleasure would probably be Marillion. Big fan of theirs.

Don't see anything wrong with either of these, especially Fish-era Marillion, in fact I believe I have "Clutching at Straws" in the car right now......

Many, many Carol Decker posters adorned my room in the halls at Uni:tongue:

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
There you go:

Nice. :becool:

And there's nothing wrong with liking Hawkwind. Whilst not an enormous fan, 'Motorway City' is frankly superb, as is 'Shot Down in the Night' on the 1979 Hawkwind Live album. Of course, electing to sing in an English accent rather than American, as Dave Brock often did, automatically renders a band a cut above, and any band that provides a nude big-knockered bird on stage within the ticket price has to be commended.

Top Bottom