Society doesn't need cyclists...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Actually in one of his posts on his websites (I had to look, it's like passing a car crash) he says "police only arrest you to hour you say something incriminating like 'I just didn't see him'".

In that case it would appear he agrees with us that the driver in the Michael Mason inquest should have been prosecuted!

Ought we to compile a list of things society doesn't need?

Politicians.

jarlrmai

Veteran
Keith Peat also on YouTube as JollySelfRighteous or some variations thereof when he gets banned from enough channels.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I stay away from his stuff and have him blocked on twitter so I don't have to see retweets and responses to him from cycling friends who do engage. I try to be live and let live with the whole AC(yclists)AB brigade but he is an absolute disgrace who seems to revel in causing hurt and anger. If he's not simply a nasty raving barmpot, I suspect he has significant inadequacies elsewhere in his life that he is compensating for and should be pitied for not getting help/past them.

As a driver where does the need for a flipping drivers union come from? I find that slightly disturbing if I'm honest. seems to me that to justify something of that nature in the first place you would need to create problems where they don't really exist otherwise there just isn't a need surely.

buggi

Bird Saviour

Paul Bonsor

Über Member
Keith Peat also on YouTube as JollySelfRighteous or some variations thereof when he gets banned from enough channels.
I don't think KP is JollySelfRighteous they are both completely insensitive trolls, but the way they talk is subtly different

Hip Priest

Veteran
As a driver where does the need for a flipping drivers union come from? I find that slightly disturbing if I'm honest. seems to me that to justify something of that nature in the first place you would need to create problems where they don't really exist otherwise there just isn't a need surely.

Well, the drivers union is much like the taxpayers alliance. They both claim to represent my interests, and yet I disagree with almost everything they have to say.

Mr Celine

Discordian
alleged mensa member said:
Close a motorway or city for many hours costs millions as well as accidents, casualties and death elsewhere from the knock on accidents from tiredness, trying to make up time and roads unable to cope with large antiquities of traffic.

He claims to be a member of an organisation that requires an IQ in excess of 140 but he can't write a proper sentence.
I'm also wondering if he would consider my 03 plate Volkswagen Polo to have a large antiquity.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
If it weren't for indignant threads in cycling forums publicising this loon, no one would ever read his tripe.
He's quite the chatterbox under his various sockpuppet identities on twitter and is often found being 'angry of Tunbridge Wells' in the comments and letters pages of local newspapers where driving/cycling stories appear. He also didn't spring unbidden as a response to cycling forums or social media posters, he popped up all on his own to propagate his strange world view.

But yes, he would have a lot less followers on social media and less clickbait hits for his internet presence if people with a differing viewpoint simply ignored him, but so would the Daily Mail and its reactionary ilk.

Those that do engage would argue that sentiment like yours and mine of ignoring his ravings and letting him go unchallenged validates to him and those of a like mind that they must be right, so they have to follow/find his stuff to respond to it. Not convinced on that myself, I think he's one of those that gets off on the conflict aspect as much as anything else he may do it for.

Top Bottom