Some members on here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

montage said:
testicles

extend them as well if you want....

Arch said:
That was me trying not to be serious....

Sod it. I'm off to bed, I have to be up early tomorrow to go out riding with real, very nice, folk from the forum.

I have to be up early for work.TIA ;)

Arch said:
I wonder what proportion of timebombs actually tick, especially since the advent of digital timers....

I haven't got a degree in Timebomb manufacture so I don't actually know the answer to that question.Sorry.:wacko::blush:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Oh dear oh dear oh dear, I've been a bit moany (actually I'm going through one of my 'the world really IS insane!' phases) on here recently and I'll calm down soon, but hey Greedo lighten up! :smile:

mangaman

Rhythm Thief said:
What's "TIA"?

I agree - what could it mean?

Come on hackbike, you've used it 3 times on this thread.

In my work it stands for Transient Ischaemic Attack or "mini-stroke" but I doubt you mean that.

These damned acronyms

Edit - I noticed your dislike of ymmv earlier today (yesterday now I guess) and I quite agree. Meaningless unless you're in some sort of internet forum-speak-world-clique. Let's talk proper, eh?

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I agree, since I have joined this damn infernal forum, I have noticed quite a few acronyms that have left me thinking 'WTF?'.

Seriously though, I have been stumped by a few of them on here (I only found out what SMIDSY meant yesterday. 'Sorry Mate I Didn't See You', for anyone who doesn't know).

mangaman

Mad Doug Biker said:
I agree, since I have joined this damn infernal forum, I have noticed quite a few acronyms that have left me thinking 'WTF?'.

Seriously though, I have been stumped by a few of them on here (I only found out what SMIDSY meant yesterday. 'Sorry Mate I Didn't See You', for anyone who doesn't know).

What do you mean by WTF?? :smile:

Only joking - I'll accept that just - why don't people use whole words though? A bit of a mystery

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Yes, I know, it's a bit like text speak, I HATE it!!
It may save time on writing, but it then takes be about 3 times longer than usual just to desypher and read the damn thing!

By the way, WTF? means

'What The Flip?'

Or something like that.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Mad Doug Biker said:
Yes, I know, it's a bit like text speak, I HATE it!!
It may save time on writing, but it then takes be about 3 times longer than usual just to desypher and read the damn thing!

By the way, WTF? means

'What The Flip?'

Or something like that.

LOL :angry::smile:

mangaman said:
I agree - what could it mean?

Come on hackbike, you've used it 3 times on this thread.

In my work it stands for Transient Ischaemic Attack or "mini-stroke" but I doubt you mean that.

These damned acronyms

Edit - I noticed your dislike of ymmv earlier today (yesterday now I guess) and I quite agree. Meaningless unless you're in some sort of internet forum-speak-world-clique. Let's talk proper, eh?

Thanks In Advance.:angry:

As mark Robson said.(Just seen that after I posted this)

Sorry but you guys started it.:smile:

mangaman said:
What do you mean by WTF?? :smile:

Only joking - I'll accept that just - why don't people use whole words though? A bit of a mystery

Come on this thread is about the Lord Greedo.:tongue:

TVC

Oh dear, I suspect there might be a few sore heads this morning.

Anyone want an asprin and a slice of dry toast?

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
just to add my opinon...

...this forum is actually quite light hearted. i actually like the fact that most of the "unfriendly" comments are taken with a pinch of salt. just the other day someone commented that Gary numan was simply crap, well he is i guess, and im a big fan of his. the comment was made light heartily, the low level swearing is just a reflection of "real life" and no harm was done what so ever.

i spent years on one particular forum that had a lot of young members. the pettiness on there was ridiculous and just ruined the whole place, the swear filter was set at "5 year old" level and every other topic was about moaning about people moaning. terrible place to be and they knew it.

but no one wants a super friendly "brady bunch" forum do they?

cycle chat is not like that, trust me, we don't have it bad at all. as an occasional poster who is not one of "the main bunch" i honestly fine this place to be a breath of fresh air.

Kaluda

Mad Doug Biker said:

Without wanting to distract from the main thread; I only found the existence of our own CycleChat acronym buster last week... Hope this helps

Top Bottom