Something funny in the editor on Android

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Going back over a post to edit it, I mean by clicking into the text to change something, it hitsa but won't sometimes. I mean read that last sentence which I edited, it's supposed to say "goes a bit wonky"

Whole words get changed either side of the cursor.

I can't make it do it on demand and it could be a Google keyboard issue but I've only noticed it on cycle chat.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Are you using SwiftKey ?

classic33

Leg End Member
Not just typing, links such as "Top" & "Quote" disappear at random.

Clicking on a link, from the page, to a thread can take you elsewhere.

CC is the common factor
Try adding a comment here

When I had a similar problem, it also manifested in disqus.

I get it where i type something incorrectly, hit the predicted word and it appends the correct word to the incorrect word, but the resulting word is the length of what it thought it would be.

E.g.

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/mundane-news.209575/post-5157838
That sounds like the SwiftKey bug. You need to go to the play store and get the latest version.

OP
OP
MossCommuter
I think it is an update issue and seems to be on all Xenforo sites.

Try updating all your keyboard apps and restart your device.

Thanks Katherine; everything's up to date, I am a bit of an update obsessive

Try adding a comment here

When I had a similar problem, it also manifested in disqus.

I can just see me getting in completely over my head over there, jeffers, but thanks for the idea.

I can just see me getting in completely over my head over there, jeffers, but thanks for the idea.
No, I think you miss understood. I wasn't suggesting you submit a comment, just try typing in the comment box and see if you get the same problem. You said the problem was only happening on CC, but I believe it is caused by a change in chrome, and is not a cc problem.

Alternatively, you could try a different browser.

Top Bottom