sore arse!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

navrat_biker

try lowering the front of the saddle ie, tilt it forward slightly as you should be sitting on what is like the area of your hip/bum bones.

do you feel like they are bruised afterwards?

rogersavery

Soft saddles feel comfortable at the start because your weight is spread over a large area including the sit bones and surrounding soft tissues

after several hours the soft tissue starts bruising causing the pain.

A hard saddle puts most of your weight on the sit bones and feels uncomfortable until you get used to sitting on you sit bones. Hard saddles don't bruise the soft tissues, so once you are used to siting on your sit bone, long distance becomes possible without pain.

Get a hard saddle

OP
OP
M

mend and make do

wow some great advice! ime a bit of a bloater but 4 stone less than i was when i started this cycling lark again! ille try the saddle set up first then one of those spoon thingies!

OP
OP
M

mend and make do

navrat_biker said:
try lowering the front of the saddle ie, tilt it forward slightly as you should be sitting on what is like the area of your hip/bum bones.

do you feel like they are bruised afterwards?

did that today ,a real improvement once you get used to it!

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
be aware about moving about on your saddle too, I got a new bike with an initially comfy saddle so I left it on, it was very grippy, I sat in a fixed position on it and it tore my a**e to bits - he Dr prescribed steroid cream and a fortnight off the bike to let it repair.

I put my old Brooks on and once it was fine tuned, no problem again and having never noticed before, I'm now aware of how much I slide about on it in time with my leg movements and sitting forwards and back depending on the hills.

Top Bottom