sore groin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fwgx

I went for a ride last night trying to do some training. A couple of laps around the park, about 6 miles a lap. I managed both laps in abut 26 mins each but was really pushing at the end. I was quite happy with this and very tired. Had a nice cool down ride back home and then did some stretching. Felt fine all evening.

Then in the middle of the night and this morning I've had a big pain in my groin on my right side. It only hurts when I lift my right leg up though - which makes putting socks on a PITA. I'm assuming this must be caused by my ride but I don't understand why I didn't feel anything until I was fast asleep and why it should only hurt when I lift my leg instead of when i use it to push down (seeming as though you push down more when riding).

Is this a common thing? I'm going to have to leave the bike for a few days now, hopefully I'll feel better by Thurs / Friday.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Take Ibuprofen in the form of Neurofen or similar. Massage can help too. Take it easy for a few days while your body recovers, the rest is as important as the exercise. If the pain hasn't gone away after a few days go and see your Dr or a physio.

Top Bottom