Sorrento/Amalfi Coast - Road Cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Boat ride you say, might be Capri, the old credit card might take a pounding :wacko:

I remember our trip to Capri, we'd only been on the island about half an hour and my camera battery died, at that point we realized the spare battery was in the hotel room and not in my Good Ladies handbag where it normally was :sad:

Venod

Eh up
The coast road to Amalfi is a great ride as a Tacx turbo film, its busy with a few hair raising moments even on film, but city UK traffic can be as bad. We didn't think Naples lived up to its reputation and did walk about a lot, as well as taking the open top bus tour, Pompeii is not to be missed, take the train to Naples And Pompeii, bus to Amalfi, you have to fight to get on, queuing isn't an option.
Isle of Capri also worth a visit, but be careful where you stop for a coffee, it can be expensive.

Last edited:

DRM

Guru
The coast road to Amalfi is a great ride as a Tacx turbo film, its busy with a few hair raising moments even on film, but city UK traffic can be as bad. We didn't think Naples lived up to its reputation and did walk about a lot, as well as taking the open top bus tour, Pompeii is not to be missed, take the train to Naples And Pompeii, bus to Amalfi, you have to fight to get on, queuing isn't an option.
Isle of Capri also worth a visit, but be careful where you stop for a coffee, it can be expensive.
Naples was awful, so much poverty, you’re greeted with bags of rubbish stacked up outside the station, with vagrants sleeping in the gutters, whilst waiting for the train back I noticed an oldish chap looking in women’s bags for purses, he had a younger bloke with him, old guy does the lift, younger one receives stolen item ready to leg it, he twigged I’d sussed out what they were up to and they eventually moved away, whilst walking round we were constantly being offered (stolen) mobiles or iPads, saw one fella hand a mobile to his mate who immediately removed the sim and threw it away, at one point my son said he’d bumped into me on purpose as someone was trying to get in my backpack, mind they’d have been fed up because it only had a half frozen 1 litre bottle of water and some tissues in it, so I would say be very aware of what’s going on around you in Naples, tourists make easy pickings.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Hopefully you are covered by your insurance. Just read that a couple of the big insurers are not giving out any more holiday cover - you are covered if you've bought already but they aren't selling any new policies. We have an annual policy but can't see us going anywhere, home or abroad, til this is all over. We would usually look at going to Italy actually; been to Lake Garda many times in recent years.

dickyknees

Guru
I love driving the Amalfi Coast road. Make friends with the blue Sita bus drivers and you’ll be fine. Ignore whatever the mopeds, scooters and motorcycles are doing; they sort themselves out.

I’ve often thought of cycling the road. I think I would cycle fro Sorrento into Almafi have a coffee and return. Depends where your hotel is I suppose.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I love driving the Amalfi Coast road. Make friends with the blue Sita bus drivers and you’ll be fine. Ignore whatever the mopeds, scooters and motorcycles are doing; they sort themselves out.

I’ve often thought of cycling the road. I think I would cycle fro Sorrento into Almafi have a coffee and return. Depends where your hotel is I suppose.
Somewhere other than Italy! :whistle:

Top Bottom