Sparky advice.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
Yeah you might need a deeper back box, but might not - check the packaging it'll tell you the minimum needed.

Otherwise should be fine, you'll just need to wire up one of the two poles.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Might be a bit stiff to switch? Such heavy rated switches for appliances are not routinely operated as they are more about isolating the appliance during maintenance or when not needed for long periods of time so the extra effort doesn't matter but does make for a more definite switching action that can cope with the higher current requirements.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
What’s the best way to bring the old method into this new switch?

Attachments

• A9FDB603-F79B-47AA-A9BE-3DC0B5A7B689.jpeg
    A9FDB603-F79B-47AA-A9BE-3DC0B5A7B689.jpeg
    93.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 4398A282-89E3-4A43-AD5F-23770F91547E.jpeg
    4398A282-89E3-4A43-AD5F-23770F91547E.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Also this other combo ?

Attachments

• 1A76BAAF-E256-4C85-BC76-778F96725594.jpeg
    1A76BAAF-E256-4C85-BC76-778F96725594.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Not being funny, and I could tell you what to do, but maybe you should get someone who knows what they are doing on the job, before you injure yourself or burn the house down!

Just checking to make sure it’s right that’s all. :smile:

Attachments

• 0578763A-E53D-4300-B234-AB519A2BF233.jpeg
    0578763A-E53D-4300-B234-AB519A2BF233.jpeg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1

si_c

Guru
Just checking to make sure it’s right that’s all. :smile:

That looks about right to me, for the second combo, just wire up one side.

Edit to add: Pick the brown side, that's the side you wire up in the same way as the original socket.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
That looks about right to me, for the second combo, just wire up one side.

Edit to add: Pick the brown side, that's the side you wire up in the same way as the original socket.
So one in Common and the other 3 all in the same.
So one wire in live in and 3 in live out?

Or one in live out & 3 in live in?

Or did you mean put 3 in live in & 1 in neutral next to it?

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I beg to differ I think it's bloody hilarious that you took the time to tell somebody that you're not going to tell them :laugh::laugh:

I took the time to tactfully (or maybe not so tactfully, it's not really my thing to hold people's hand) suggest that the OP doesn't have a scooby-doo and may be better served getting in 'a man wot does' on this occasion.

I have said similar in the past about other safety related questions and there are always a few who step up to say 'don't be so insulting' but actually in reality some people can't be trusted to carry a pair of kids safety scissors, and while these people may be super sharp accountants or amazing retail business managers, the simple truth is that their brains are just 'wired' differently and this kind of thing just isn't in their skill set. Someone has to be the one to point this out, regardless of how uncomfortable it might make sensitive souls feel.

D

Deleted member 26715

I took the time to tactfully (or maybe not so tactfully, it's not really my thing to hold people's hand) suggest that the OP doesn't have a scooby-doo and may be better served getting in 'a man wot does' on this occasion.

I have said similar in the past about other safety related questions and there are always a few who step up to say 'don't be so insulting' but actually in reality some people can't be trusted to carry a pair of kids safety scissors, and while these people may be super sharp accountants or amazing retail business managers, the simple truth is that their brains are just 'wired' differently and this kind of thing just isn't in their skill set. Someone has to be the one to point this out, regardless of how uncomfortable it might make sensitive souls feel.

Must be cold up there on that pedestal that you put yourself on, but back in the real world.

Top Bottom