Sparky advice.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
This is incorrect

Yes, I preferred not to go with it.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Must be cold up there on that pedestal that you put yourself on, but back in the real world.

Look mate, I know you like a good argument in an empty room, it's one of your clearly obvious qualities, but while I may be lacking in plenty of other areas I certainly can get my head around how domestic wiring works so don't start trying to be a smart As if I point out that someone should reconsider taking on a task they don't understand.

BFN.....

D

Deleted member 26715

Look mate, I know you like a good argument in an empty room, it's one of your clearly obvious qualities, but while I may be lacking in plenty of other areas I certainly can get my head around how domestic wiring works so don't start trying to be a smart As if I point out that someone should reconsider taking on a task they don't understand.

BFN.....

Before you start throwing our insults maybe you ought to look in the mirror

p.s. I ain't your mate

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru

BFN.....
My Sparky is busy until next week. You could teach me how to do 2 ways safely though?

D

Deleted member 26715

Yes, I preferred not to go with it.
If you look at the old switch the COM are at the same end, if you look on the new switch they are opposite ends. The wires that go into the COM on the old switch need to go into the COM on the new switch. Your Feed/Live needs to go into L11 & strapped to L21 OR into L12 & strapped to L22, this maybe determined by which way up the switch goes on the wall. You can test continuity with a multimeter if you have one.

D

Deleted member 26715

I'd wind your neck in... :stop:
Oh no, best not go behind the bike sheds at playtime.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
If you look at the old switch the COM are at the same end, if you look on the new switch they are opposite ends. The wires that go into the COM on the old switch need to go into the COM on the new switch. Your Feed/Live needs to go into L11 & strapped to L21 OR into L12 & strapped to L22, this maybe determined by which way up the switch goes on the wall. You can test continuity with a multimeter if you have one.

I understand this.
Still not 100% on the second one.
One is in neutral & other 3 all in the same side? Out or in or either?

Attachments

• 764A6022-1965-46F6-8551-C15C06D83EE3.jpeg
    764A6022-1965-46F6-8551-C15C06D83EE3.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 1

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I wrote out a big reply and just deleted, bothers me that your asking if this is how to wire it. I you want to keep it simple , go to Screwfix £1.81 for a light switch. Swap like for like, job done. No confusion for someone further down the line, seeing your work.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
I wrote out a big reply and just deleted, bothers me that your asking if this is how to wire it. I you want to keep it simple , go to Screwfix £1.81 for a light switch. Swap like for like, job done. No confusion for someone further down the line, seeing your work.

Yeah they need swapping. They can be used but May as keep it like for like to avoid future confusion. The first 2 way is sorted though 👍

CXRAndy

Guru
I understand this.
Still not 100% on the second one.
One is in neutral & other 3 all in the same side? Out or in or either?

The new switch is a double pole switch. It makes and breaks the connections on both live and neutral.

You can wire it up, by ignoring the neutral side and just connect three wires to input, single wire to the out live connection

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
The new switch is a double pole switch. It makes and breaks the connections on both live and neutral.

You can wire it up, by ignoring the neutral side and just connect three wires to input, single wire to the out live connection

Thanks Andy. Skol told me this. It’s working but the little LED doesn’t light up. I’m guessing you need the other pole connected for this to work.

Top Bottom