SPD platform adapters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dfthe1

Has anyone used these adapters to convert their clipless pedals into platform pedals?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lixada-Uni..._1?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=AX4HBQET4340CE9EXF1B

I cycle to work in my lycra and SPDs and change into my work clothes when I get there. Sometimes I need to cycle a couple of gentle miles to meetings during the day and want to do it in my work shoes. I don't want to use dual SPD/platform pedals as it's reasonably rare that I need to do it.

Has anyone used these? Are they any good? Are there any other types I should be looking at?

Thanks!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
not me

vickster

Legendary Member
I've cycled a mile or two in shoes unclipped on M520s, are these needed?

What pedals do you use?

midlife

Guru
Don't shimano do their own for SPD?

22313.jpg

andrew_s

Legendary Member
If that's what you want, aluminium platforms with genuine cleats it the way to go. The plastic Shimano platforms are OK as a semi-permanent fitment, but the plastic cleat bit doesn't stand up to regular removal and re-fitting.

I went for SPD/platform pedals (PD-T780). They naturally hang the right way up for clipping in, so for normal cleated use they are just as quick in as double-sided

OP
OP
D

dfthe1

If that's what you want, aluminium platforms with genuine cleats it the way to go. The plastic Shimano platforms are OK as a semi-permanent fitment, but the plastic cleat bit doesn't stand up to regular removal and re-fitting.

I went for SPD/platform pedals (PD-T780). They naturally hang the right way up for clipping in, so for normal cleated use they are just as quick in as double-sided

I have M324 pedals on my current bike. I'm getting a new bike this week though and don't want combination pedals as the vast majority of time I'll be using cleats. It's literally 2 miles once a week or so that I'll want to cycle in work shoes.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Don't shimano do their own for SPD?

View attachment 364009
used for a while to get reflectors on my spds. Broke the third or fourth time I took them off.

spen666

Legendary Member
To my untrained eye, they appear to be another solution to a problem that does not exist in the real world

Top Bottom