SPD Shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monkers

Veteran
Plus one for the Bontrager Solstice shoes ~ I've got two pairs.

slowridr

I'm another who prefers the versatility of SPDs on all my bikes - I wear a pair of Shimano RT4s, touring shoes like the RT5s above but with laces so they look even more like normal shoes.

Pretty sure Shimano have stopped making them now but the DHB 'Dorica' shoes in either MTB or road variety (with or without knobbles) are very similar.

OP
OP
T

Tripster

DE56EB5C-9975-4E54-96B8-DCA30CE462B3.jpeg

Giro look smart though

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
These are not the exact ones I've got (mine are 2 velcro straps but otherwise the same), but if you've got wide feet I'd defo go for Lake. I'm hoping to upgrade to the BOA version next year. The only trouble I have is usually having to wait because my size is out of stock. The MX range are 2 bolt SPD and there are a few option to choose from depending on your budget.
1607600309247.png

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Giro look smart though

Yes they're not bad!

I only mention it as even though I wear clipless on road bikes, I simply wear normal hiking shoes on flat pedals for touring. Then last week I had a very slight slippy shoe / pedal interface moment and I considered putting SPDs on.... the choice of touring shoes on some sites brought to mind those special built up shoes that the poor lad with the limp in your school used to wear.

I do like the Shimano MT3's though:

Screenshot_20201210-114246_Google.jpg

The

OP
OP
T

Tripster

Yes they're not bad!

I only mention it as even though I wear clipless on road bikes, I simply wear normal hiking shoes on flat pedals for touring. Then last week I had a very slight slippy shoe / pedal interface moment and I considered putting SPDs on.... the choice of touring shoes on some sites brought to mind those special built up shoes that the poor lad with the limp in your school used to wear.

I do like the Shimano MT3's though:

View attachment 562662

The
Don’t let the politically correct read that ^_^

Top Bottom