SPD Shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
GOOD PRICE :stop:
:laugh:
Thought you liked them?

OP
OP
T

Tripster

The review says for wider feet which is exactly what I am after and a more road orientated shoe. Clicked the link to other shoes in the review and the bontrager are ok but the other two are not a patch on the Mavics:smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The review says for wider feet which is exactly what I am after and a more road orientated shoe. Clicked the link to other shoes in the review and the bontrager are ok but the other two are not a patch on the Mavics:smile:

Its Christmas, treat yourself. :okay:

OP
OP
T

Tripster

Its Christmas, treat yourself. :okay:
Out of stock in an 11.5 everywhere. Just googled on net. Maybe in new year more stock

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
The only issue I have is the review only says slightly wide (whatever that means). I think I'll stick with Lakes.

shnjmsn

Über Member
Please tell me they are wide fitting ? What they need is to be attached to a nice Mason Resolution 😁

"Mavic's Cosmic Boa SPD is a fantastic leisure, commuting and touring shoe that's efficient in the saddle and easy to live with out of it. Comfort is excellent, too, with only the wide fit letting the side down slightly, for me."

Apparently they are................. !

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
These are not the exact ones I've got (mine are 2 velcro straps but otherwise the same), but if you've got wide feet I'd defo go for Lake. I'm hoping to upgrade to the BOA version next year. The only trouble I have is usually having to wait because my size is out of stock. The MX range are 2 bolt SPD and there are a few option to choose from depending on your budget.
View attachment 562661

Another vote for Lake MX series. I have the MX331 which I got in a sale. Stiff carbon fibre soled, so ideal for foot comfort over long distance, such as audaxes.

OP
OP
T

Tripster

North wave spike look good and a good price. The Lakes look good too, is there a UK supplier for them ?

Edit: Just found them :okay:

OP
OP
T

Tripster

Does anyone have Sidi shoes ? Are they a wide fitting ? I use Sidi motorbike boots and like the build and quality but never though of them in cycling shoes. North wave and Lake seem good options at present for a wide foot.

Top Bottom