Specialized Allez - 56cm OK for 6ft?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Thomson

Before i bought my new bike. I was deciding between a 56 or 58 on paper. I went and sat on the bikes in a shop one was 54 disc and 56 rim version. I actually was going to get the 54 but decided on the 56. As I was a tad bit stretched out I felt on the 56. But after goin for the 56 it’s perfect for me. Long distances and 5 hours in the saddle no probs. Am six foot one.

si_c

Guru
I find that stack and reach are the most important dimensions - as long as they are within a range I can comfortably get a bike to fit by adjusting stem length/seatpost extension.

I currently ride a 63cm Kinesis which replaced a 61cm Felt and am picking up a 62cm Trek later today which has slightly shorter reach but lower stack than the Kinesis.

My Trek MTB is a 25" frame for comparison.

Do you find that your shirts are constantly become untucked at the back, or is that because I am a bit of a wriggle-bottom?

M&S do great shirts - extra long arms AND body unlike some other retailers. I rarely get my shirt becoming untucked from the back whether sat down or on the bike.

bigjim

Legendary Member
M&S do great shirts - extra long arms AND body unlike some other retailers. I rarely get my shirt becoming untucked from the back whether sat down or on the bike.
I buy from Asos 'Tall Mens' range. Good prices if you buy at the right time and good quality.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Rode a 56cm Langster which is slightly different geometry I think. It was fine but maybe the limit in sizing for a 6ft, would probably try a 58cm next time. However I have a Raleigh Militis in 55cm ( small/medium ) . I added a longer stem from standard and that was all. It fits ok ?? A 57cm would be perfect i think but the shop didnt have one at the price I was looking at.

Top Bottom