Specialized Sirrus...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
2011 Sport...

• The 2011 Specialized Sirrus Sport Hybrid Ergonomic Fitness/Commute
  • Alloy fork is light and stiff, with rack and fender eyelets for versatility
  • Smooth, precise Shimano Alivio rear derailleur offers smooth and reliable performance
  • Lightweight A1 Premium Aluminum double butted alloy frame with forgiving hourglass seatstays provides the perfect balance of performance and comfort; also features internal cable routing and enough clearance for fenders
  • Body Geometry Riva Road saddle features generous padding for all-day performance and comfort
  • Body Geometry triple-density gel grips alleviate hand pain and tingling fingers for all-day riding comfort
  • Easy-rolling All Condition Sport 700c tires are equipped with durable, all-weather traction

or 2011 Elite

• FACT carbon/alloy fork with Zertz inserts for a quick, responsive road feel and forgiving ride plus fender mounts for versatility
  • Lightweight A1 Premium Aluminum double butted alloy frame with forgiving hourglass seatstays provides the perfect balance of performance and comfort; also features internal cable routing and enough clearance for fenders
  • High-value Shimano Deore rear derailleur delivers the perfect shift every time
  • Body Geometry triple-density gel grips alleviate hand pain and tingling fingers and come with bar ends for changing hand position
  • Body Geometry Riva Road saddle features generous padding for all-day performance and comfort Adjustable 4-position oversized alloy stem with 31.8mm bar clamp for strength and versatile positioning
  • Flat aluminum handlebars with 5 degree bend add comfort and confidence to your rid
The Elite is £100 more.

I had a 2010 Sport - spec somewhere between the two. CyclingActive gave the Elite 92%

:thumbsup:

The big thing at jumps out at me is the Carbon forks; when I had a similar decision to make back in Dec 2005 I chose the sport but both bikes back then had alu forks and the sport was actually marginally lighter. I'm not sure about the rear mech, Ive never had Alivio or Deore.

Top Bottom