Specialized Tricross tyre pressure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

b0redom

Hi All,
Quick question. I have a 2010 Specialized Tricross. Does anyone happen to know the pressure the tyres should be pumped to? Cycling home from work felt pretty soft on Friday.

Regards...

Tom

Noodley

If you look at the side of the tyres it should tell you the range of pressures suitable for your tyres.

Norm

Noodley is right, the recommended pressure range should be on the side-walls.

Gimme 2 secs, I'll wander down to the garage.

Wandered. Opposite the name of the tyres, it gives the recommended pressures in KPa, bar and psi. Can't remember the others but it's 50-100psi, so 90+ should be good for the road, maybe 70 in the muck.

potsy

Rambler
satans budgie said:
Specialized Borough Sport CX binned mine like riding on treacle. Use Bonty hardcase 700x28. Loss of comfort is made up by an increae in speed.
I find it quite odd that you pay good money for a decent bike and they put crappy tyres on it,my Secteur came with some god awful Spez ones that punctured 4 times in 2 weeks,decent ones on now and nothing in over 500 miles.

Tynan

Veteran
they like tyres that look good in the shop window and £20 saved is £20 added to the profit margin

Noodley

I got mine for 275 quid in a sale so not much profit to be made - not sure what tyres it has, but they saw me through last winter. (Not had it out this winter as it's in my dad's garage waiting for more space to be made at my place so my bikes can all move back home :thumbsup:)

longers

Legendary Member
If yours are knobblies then they could be Houffalize Noodley, mine were.

I've got them in mind for getting riveted for next winter.

And yes to checking the side of the tyre for the correct pressures.

l4dva

Guru
I swapped my Boroughs for some Michelin Krylions, its like riding a whole new bike with the new tyres, much faster and lighter, and surprisingly they feel much more grippy than the boroughs as well. I have kept the boroughs though for the winter rides.

Norm

potsy said:
I find it quite odd that you pay good money for a decent bike and they put crappy tyres on it,my Secteur came with some god awful Spez ones that punctured 4 times in 2 weeks,decent ones on now and nothing in over 500 miles.
I don't think that the Boroughs are bad tyres, just that they are all-purpose tyres to match the all-roads nature of the Tricross. I've used the mine in thick mud and it handled ok. It's not as good as something with mud-specific tyres but then those tyres are much better than nobblies on the tarmac.

PK99

Legendary Member
Norm said:
I don't think that the Boroughs are bad tyres, j.

i binned mine after 3 punctures in the first 200 miles.

one puncture in 3000 on the replacement marathons

Norm

I've only done about 130 miles so far (I've only had it a week!) but I've thrown it down some pretty gruesome roads and paths without... no, I'm not going to finish that sentence. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom