Speedo on the back wheel?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
You could of course strap the speedo to your top tube, where you can see it. I suggest you wrap it in a bit of cling film first though.

You could also if you wanted turn your plain speedo into a cadence counter, but not at the same time as it is a speedo. One or the other only.
You could of course buy a speedo that is supposed to be mounted on the rearstay and stop all of this messing about trying to get something that isn't meant to work, to work.

That's probably a bit too sensible though.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
You could of course buy a speedo that is supposed to be mounted on the rearstay and stop all of this messing about trying to get something that isn't meant to work, to work.

what a spoilsport

Typhon

Yeah this is what I did, I just bought a Garmin (which goes on the rear wheel). Much easier.

Before that I had a cheapo wireless computer so the signal didn't reach the handlebars if it was on the back wheel. When I used the turbo I used to take the transmitter and magnet off the front wheel, stick it on the rear wheel, then take the wireless computer off, move a table close to the rear wheel and put the computer on the table. Not easy to see, impossible to operate and most importantly it was another thing to faff with and I have enough excuses ready in my mind for not using the turbo as it is.

simon.r

Person

There doesn't seem to be anything cheap and cheerful that will suit. Happy to be corrected if anyone knows otherwise?

I suppose many of us have old bike computers knocking around that can be modded to run on a back wheel without too much difficulty. I bought a cheap wireless one (second-hand, from this forum) recently, for my turbo.

screenman

Legendary Member
My turbo has lots of in formation available on the display screen.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnBt0ff_g96BiIcAHCwsUw7qJ1ME12Yu3L70SGz2trY_w6O9tzMA.jpg

Brilliant piece of kit.

There doesn't seem to be anything cheap and cheerful that will suit. Happy to be corrected if anyone knows otherwise?

Cataye Strada Cadence. It's wired, not wireless. But it runs off the back wheel, and is (obviously) cheaper than the wireless version.

screenman

Legendary Member
Simon, it is the Cateye CS-1000 we have 2 in the family one gets thrashed to pieces and is 20 years old, the other mine gets not so thrashed and is 18 years old. Definitely the smoothest turbo we have ever owned and there have been lots.

Top Bottom