Spinning (class) any good for road cycling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I did a few spinning sessions when I was recovering from my broken arm. They're different to road cycling and probably are tougher in some respects. I stopped going because they were too interested in standing sprints which wasn't really on with a not fully healed arm. I really should try again now I'm pretty much fixed.

Found spinning classes useful but the music awful, now I use the spin bikes with out the class and too my music and rate of work and find them excellent as part of a controlled fitness regime.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I did a few spinning sessions when I was recovering from my broken arm. They're different to road cycling and probably are tougher in some respects. I stopped going because they were too interested in standing sprints which wasn't really on with a not fully healed arm. I really should try again now I'm pretty much fixed.
So just don't stand up....? what will they do, tell you off? ;)

jarlrmai

Veteran
Knowing some gung-ho spin instructors they might mention it, best to have a chat with the instructor 1st and let them know, infact any reasonable exercise instructor should be asking you if you have any injuries etc when you join the class or reading your PARQ.

Top Bottom