[SPOILER ALERT] - F1 & Jules Bianchi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Please dont speculate. It isnt helpful to anyone.
Update us when you have actual news for a trusted source.

But that's not as much fun for some folk..

GC

Learnincurve

I'm not speculating, the footage leaves absolutely no room for doubt that this is just beyond awful. I'm sure people could find it if they looked hard enough but I'm not going to link because it would be click bait and tasteless.

TVC

I'm not speculating, the footage leaves absolutely no room for doubt that this is just beyond awful. I'm sure people could find it if they looked hard enough but I'm not going to link because it would be click bait and tasteless.
Waiting for his family to arrive....

Sounds like speculation to me

classic33

Leg End Member
As far as I'm aware ALL genuine footage of both incidents is now in the hands of the FIA & other authorised authorities. As are the skid steer and the two cars involved.
These have been there since yesterday.

Learnincurve

That was the statement that came out last night. I know people will be thinking I'm being a bitch, but all evidence points to that he will not be. If he is then I will be sending him flowers.

The current plan will be that he will be kept in a artificial coma for at least 72 hours after his operation while they wait for his swelling to go down. In that time they will be giving him scans and monitoring brain activity.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I've also seen it - a massive crash and about the only point where a severe injury could have happened.

They're racing drivers and danger is part of the sport. Potentially it's been sanitised in recent years in F1 but in Nascar deaths/serious injuries happen more frequently.

However, anything they can do to improve future safety can only help.

Learnincurve

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/report...-jules-bianchis-japanese-gp-crashed-explained

Unsettling footage of Jules Bianchi’s life-threatening crash during the Japanese GP has appeared on the internet.

The footage, apparently filmed on a hand-held device by a spectator at the Suzuka circuit, shows Bianchi’s Marussia’s car colliding with the tractor recovery vehicle retrieving the broken-down Sauber of Adrian Sutil with considerable – and distressing – violence.

A green flag can be seen being waved by a marshal from Hut Twelve above, but slightly beyond, the crash scene. A flag is, in effect, a boundary point around the circuit, and only comes into force once it has been passed.

In a statement on Sunday evening, the FIA confirmed: ‘On lap 42, Adrian Sutil lost control of his car, spun and hit the tyre barrier on the outside of Turn Seven. The marshals displayed double-waved yellow flags before the corner to warn drivers of the incident.’

A double-waved yellow flag is defined as warning a driver to 'slow and be prepared to stop'.

In the footage, which Sky Sports will not be broadcasting, Bianchi's car strikes the rear of the recovery vehicle with such force that the tractor is lifted off its wheels and turned sidewards. Two marshals can also been seen narrowly avoiding the impact as they walk alongside the tractor carrying Sutil's Sauber.

FIA President Jean Todt has launched an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the crash and is reported to have asked Race Director Charlie Whiting to compile a report ahead of this weekend's Russian GP. Jean’s son, Nicolas, is Bianchi's manager.

The 25-year-old Frenchman remains in a critical but stable condition in Mie University Hospital after suffering what the FIA have described as a 'severe' head injury in the crash.

Top Bottom