[SPOILERS] Critérium du Dauphiné

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raindog

er.....
Evans looking very strong. And yes, Coppel is supposed to be in great shape at the moment.

montage

God Almighty
Westra was dropped on the last climb, along with Andy Schleck :wacko:

Did Andy go slow on purpose as a protest?
I remember reading somewhere that Andy wasn't going to go into the red apart from in an attempt to win the queen stage - maybe he is ruling himself out of the GC so that he will be allowed to ride away?

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I was really suprised at Westra.

I feel sorry for Yukihiro Doi - worked hard in the break all day, then as soon as they got caught, he had to stop and give his wheel to his team leader, and ended up over 7 minutes back on the stage. Still that's the life of a domestique, even if you are a national champion...

Sammy Sanchez probably won't be starting tomorrow and Dan Martin also had a nasty-looking crash, though it was later in the stage and he didn't end up quite as far back as Sanchez.

My man to watch out for is Amador - if he's carried any of that attacking form through from the Giro, he's going to be dangerous in the mountains.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Just watched the highlights... cracking bit of racing by Evans. Great to see.

Schleck was obviously sandbagging. Can't believe that will be good in terms of TdF preparation though. Not going to win him many fans either.

Thought it was pretty funny how Wiggo looked so reluctant to put the yellow jersey on.

Didn't see Nibali at the end. Presume he finished in the Wiggins group?

d.

PpPete

Legendary Member
France3.fr (via steephill) is working well. When combined with cyclingnews commentary, it's easy to follow the race (depending on who is updating the ticker).

(Belated) Thanks for that. I can follow the French commentary quite well. Nice to have a change of style from Eurosport.

BTW Even the French commentators were all giving Bradley as clear favourite for the Tour

raindog

er.....
Schleck was obviously sandbagging.
Don't think we can call it sandbagging because, as you say, it was obvious. Sometimes he would move forward and join another small group, but he did it with ease. At one point you could see him riding one handed and chatting away with an Astana rider. As we know, all's not well at the Shack, but the Schlecks seem to get weirder with every passing season.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Wiggo knows what he's doing - he wasn't after the stage win, he was only interested in making sure he was in the first group that crossed the line. Job done.

Anyway, another cracking day's racing. Great to see Nibali and Evans going head to head like that. Only surprise is not seeing Gilbert nearer the front at the finish. Amador does indeed look very strong, as FM mentioned upthread. Tony Martin also appears to be in much better shape than earlier in the season. Bodes well for the Tour.

d.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Loved the French commentators taking the piss out of Andy Schleck....
Picked up on a line from his interview before the start "I'm not worried"

And then every time there was a shot of Schleck over the "Back of the Peloton" graphic they kept saying "It's all right, he's not worried"

Had me in stitches everytime they did it.

Top Bottom