Spotted for sale elsewhere: Vintage / Classic bikes, framesets and components

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Looks a very cheap project in Belfast for £45, pity it was not a smaller frame or i know it would be sold already.https://www.gumtree.com/p/bicycles/classic-vintage-ellis-briggs-racing-road-city-bike-bicycle-/1358082006 Quick update seen on facebook market place for £35 so seller may take a very low offer?
That is cheap

woodbutcher

Veteran
I know l am predictable , yet another Vitus. Its not the bike that interests me as much as the chainring . interesting shape. Does anyone know the maker.
8e8c66eaec6fce62e3dc14d4ccb0c6c598aa358d.jpg

woodbutcher

Veteran
Had another look and checked with the seller description the derailleurs are Sram Rival 2x11 spd. but restricted to 9 spd.
The crank is Stronglight (172.5) and the chainrings are Specialized 53-39 At least that is if my translation from French is up to scratch.
I like pretty much everything about the bike except the price , he is asking €650:sad:

woodbutcher

Veteran
The one shown here looks very similar

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183296453307
Looks a pretty close match to me and what a price, wow! The bike itself is no longer listed so l guess some one thought the asking price was justified especially with those components . Out of my league l'm afraid !!

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Looks a pretty close match to me and what a price, wow! The bike itself is no longer listed so l guess some one thought the asking price was justified especially with those components . Out of my league l'm afraid !!
It certainly is a nice looking bike. Out of my league too though!

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish

woodbutcher

Veteran
I'm trying to get enthusiastic about modern shape bikes . Never owned one or even ridden one . Spotted this, seller wants €350 . Not sure if l can take the frame shape seriously though ! It kind of looks as though l would be permanently going up hill .
Am l just an old stick in the mud ?
71698865_10215267748115380_4556847399250690048_o.jpg

Top Bottom