England : West Yorkshire Spring Into The Dales (SITD) April 13th, 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alun

Guru
I'm hoping to do it, the start location linky on the AUK website seems to be wrong though. It's not the usual place, but it's not Mytholmroyd either, seems to be in the middle of nowhere.

tubbycyclist

I'm hoping to do it, the start location linky on the AUK website seems to be wrong though. It's not the usual place, but it's not Mytholmroyd either, seems to be in the middle of nowhere.

If you check out the West Yorkshire audax website, there is a newly updated entrants letter, updated route sheet and gpx file. The letter has a map which definitely points to the right place. Online linky to the right start - here.
I shall let the org know..

tubbycyclist

It will be good to see some CC'ers on this ride. It makes life easier for the org and helpers if you can enter in advance - links are on the AUK website.
If you can't do this, you can enter on the line but it would be a great help if you could print off and bring a completed form as it makes managing entries easier. There is usually a 15 minute rush where 50-60 people want to sign up, so small things like this help!

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Well I hope it is warmer than it was in 2012

cold_zps5ebe1239.jpg

tubbycyclist

Is it as good as the seasons of mists ride?

It's quite similar in many respects - but slightly shorter and around 10% less hilly. Like Season of Mists there are several feature climbs, and some lovely lanes in the Dales. There are plenty of options for cafe stops en route too. The only slight negative is the climb out of Keighley which can feel busy after the quiet lanes until that point, but any diversion would add both scenery and a fair amount of climbing. The catering at the end is just as good as Season of Mists.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It's quite similar in many respects - but slightly shorter and around 10% less hilly. Like Season of Mists there are several feature climbs, and some lovely lanes in the Dales. There are plenty of options for cafe stops en route too. The only slight negative is the climb out of Keighley which can feel busy after the quiet lanes until that point, but any diversion would add both scenery and a fair amount of climbing. The catering at the end is just as good as Season of Mists.
Slightly longer! It is about 117 km this year, vs 100 km for SoM.

I agree with your assessment. Put up with the stretch into and out of Keighley and relish the other 100-odd km!

Top Bottom