England : West Yorkshire Spring Into The Dales (SITD) April 13th, 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
SITD 2014 is rapidly approaching - see organiser's event page and Audax UK page. It is a very hilly 115 km audax ride from the Calder Valley up into Wharfedale and back.

Many of you will have ridden it before so you know what it is and why it so good. For the rest of you, check out the threads from 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013.

The first thing to note - THIS YEAR, THE VENUE HAS BEEN MOVED TO THE COMMUNITY CENTRE IN MYTHOLMROYD - do not turn up at the mill in Hebden Bridge and wonder why it is so quiet!

I have missed the event for a few years due to ill health, but am hoping to be able to tackle it again this year. I am a lot slimmer than in recent years so I am hoping to get round in a respectable time rather than grovelling back trying to beat the time limit, and missing all the food!

Anybody else up for it? :hello:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I was just thinking about this event after enjoying it a few years back. I would like to do it just because it is a stunning ride and the organisation is brilliant. How about the rest of the gang ??

tubbycyclist

I expect to be there, and just planning to saunter round.

If you can't wait for those hills then the main man behind London Edinburgh London is running a Todmorden Loops 100km on March 23rd, definitely one for the grimpeurs.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have had a reality check! As long as I can get round without collapsing and in time to attack the goodies, I will be content. Maybe I will be able to go a bit faster on SoM after another 6 or 7 months of riding?

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I'm working that day so won't be able to make this year's SITD's, really disappointed :whistle:
:becool:

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
The first thing to note - THIS YEAR, THE VENUE HAS BEEN MOVED TO THE COMMUNITY CENTRE IN MYTHOLMROYD - do not turn up at the mill in Hebden Bridge and wonder why it is so quiet!

I am glad you pointed that out.

I now just have to decide if I pedal over Blackstone edge to the start, knowing I will have to go back up crag vale after the finish with very tired legs, or drive to the start with the bike in the back and be a right soft tart.

Last edited:

Svendo

Guru
Requested the day off from work for this. No annual leave left so fingers crossed.

I'm working on 23rd March so can't do the Todmorden Loops, which is annoying as it goes right past my house and starts less than a mile away. In fact I often walk past the start with the dog. In further fact, I have once cycled on the road bike past the start, continued up the road through honey hole and continued on the cobble and gravel bridle way to Lumbutts Road. Had to scoot a short section of steep rough cobble where it doglegs round the Shewbread quaker burial ground. The burial ground incidentally has the graves of 17th century 'Oddies' which is quite an unusal name and apparently the Goody of that name hails from these parts.

Top Bottom