England : Kent Spring Ride -The Harbours of Kent - Saturday 6th May 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User10571

Over 4 metres deep on to days high tide from where the photo was taken. (5.2m high tide , photo point 0.6 M above chart datum ! )
Or a shocking misinterpretation of the nautical chart on my part....
Don't let me anywhere near a boat.
'See how close you can get to that iceberg / Isola del Gigolo' (see also Costa Concordia), and all that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
any room on this for Moi ?
The more the merrier.

U

User10571

So far ,the listed possibles - any one to add or delete ? before the food stop discussion begins !

Possibles now are : User10571 + 1
Fab Foodie
Stephen Piper
Byrony + OH ( Reculver onwards)
Hill Wimp
HertzvanRental
Nigel 182
jojo2512
Carl P
Hopless500
OMG
greekonabike
GM
Diggs
deptfordmarmoset
all the gear no idea
Tim Hall + 1
Charlotte Alice Button
Martin 235
Again ,apologies to those I left out !
My +1 is likely to be either a last minute commitment or a last minute abject betrayal.
Story of my life, really.....
I'll keep you posted.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Need to try and get the day off work for this one. Not always easy unfortunately.

OP
OP
S

sotkayak

Veteran
So far ,the listed possibles - any one to add or delete ? before the food stop discussion begins !
Possibles now are : User10571 + 1 ( or maybe not .. )
Fab Foodie
Stephen Piper
Byrony + OH ( Reculver onwards)
Hill Wimp
HertzvanRental
Nigel 182
jojo2512
Carl P
Hopless500
OMG
greekonabike
GM
Diggs
deptfordmarmoset
all the gear no idea
Tim Hall + 1
Charlotte Alice Button
Martin 235
LiloLee
Again ,apologies to those I left out !

U

User10571

I dunno why, but without having ever met you I have, what can only be described as an irrational expectation, that you will look just like your avatar - sashes, Muammar Gaddafi stylee epaulettes, double breasted lycra - the works.
Anything less will conjure disappointment.
I will, of course, be the cyclist who looks like an 865g jar of pickled dill cucumber - just to keep the playing field level.

I dunno why, but without having ever met you I have, what can only be described as an irrational expectation, that you will look just like your avatar - sashes, Muammar Gaddafi stylee epaulettes - the works.
I will, of course, be the cyclist who looks like an 865g jar of pickled dill cucumber - just to keep the playing field level.
I hope @Fab Foodie wears "the hat!"

TheDoctor

Europe Endless

I dunno why, but without having ever met you I have, what can only be described as an irrational expectation, that you will look just like your avatar - sashes, Muammar Gaddafi stylee epaulettes, double breasted lycra - the works.
I like the cut of your jib, Sir!
I actually thought we'd met on the July 2009 FNRttC genteel ride to Brighton, but having truffled through the relevant thread it appears not. Although having seen photographic evidence of the state of me at the top of Mont Ditchling I could have met God, Buddha and the Tooth Fairy and been none the wiser.
I'm sure I could rock the Bombardier look, but be more prepared for a somewhat rounded grey-haired bloke on a Ribble. Or a Brompton M12R. The possibility of a London Pride top cannot be entirely ruled out, or, indeed, in.

Top Bottom