England : Kent Spring Ride -The Harbours of Kent - Saturday 6th May 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
You can get the High Speed back from Ramsgate to at the end of the day.

OP
OP
S

sotkayak

Veteran
Possibles now are : User10571 + 1
Fab Foodie
Stephen Piper
Byrony + OH ( Reculver onwards)
Hill Wimp
HertzvanRental
Nigel 182
jojo2512
Carl P
Hopless500
OMG
greekonabike
GM
Diggs
deptfordmarmoset
all the gear no idea
Tim Hall + 1
Charlotte Alice Button
Martin 235
TheDoctor

Flatbar Steve

I was thinking of making my way over from south London after work camping and joining you for the ride. I just checked the trains and if I rode to Bromley south station then a train to Whitstable would be over £25 evenue after 7pm... I would be going back to west london on Sunday. £50 is a big downer. Anyone know how to get a cheaper fare for this area?

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I was thinking of making my way over from south London after work camping and joining you for the ride. I just checked the trains and if I rode to Bromley south station then a train to Whitstable would be over £25 evenue after 7pm... I would be going back to west london on Sunday. £50 is a big downer. Anyone know how to get a cheaper fare for this area?

Have you tried any of the online ticket agents?

martint235

Dog on a bike
Have you tried any of the online ticket agents?
I'm yet to find an online agent that is cheaper. For example, Trainline say that they are up to 43% cheaper which is true they are up to 43% cheaper than the on the day price. A recent trip up north, it was cheaper to book from Virgin plus they don't charge a booking fee.

If you go through Southeastern, for the Friday previous I got £23.60 or you can lop some off by going to Faversham. It's an easy ride from there into Whitstable

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I'm yet to find an online agent that is cheaper. For example, Trainline say that they are up to 43% cheaper which is true they are up to 43% cheaper than the on the day price. A recent trip up north, it was cheaper to book from Virgin plus they don't charge a booking fee.

If you go through Southeastern, for the Friday previous I got £23.60 or you can lop some off by going to Faversham. It's an easy ride from there into Whitstable

I don't need to, I get a fantastic concession from work which is at least 75% off. I can get a return to London from Dover for £5.60, £7.60 off I want the fast train. I was just mooting the idea.

U

User10571

A view of Tankerton Slopes from Whitstable Street -this shingle bank will be under about ten feet of water when we cycle past on 6th May ! (Pic taken last Monday,)

View attachment 337579 DSCF2873 by andre dup, on Flickr
Not as much as 10 feet.
Nautical charts show The Street to be part of the landmass rather than the sea. It is only under a few feet of water when the tide is in.
The waters off Swale, Whizzy Belle and Herne Bay aren't particularly deep.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom