England : Kent Spring Ride -The Harbours of Kent - Saturday 6th May 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Date noted....

OP
OP
S

sotkayak

Veteran
This is a fairly regular ride for me (albeit in the opposite direction)

One thing to keep your eye on on this ride is the wind forecast.
You'll be doing two very distinct directions of the compass on this ride.
You need the wind to be your friend, or not there at all - I've known people to abandon on account of unfavourable wind.
Fortunately, the route offers plenty of rail-bail options.

ETA is that Botany Bay in your OP, sotkayak?

Yes ,Botany Bay sea stack ,User10571 . Hopefully the wind plays ball and is westerly or north westerly ! Rail Bail (what a good phrase ) was the decider for the route !

OP
OP
S

sotkayak

Veteran
May I suggest a 10 am start from the RNLI station/ charity shop/caff on Whitstable Harbour . (please feel free to suggest amended times if this is too early for trains getting there ) .Be good to see the faces from last year . ...... The Whitstable to Ramsgate may be short for tigers like Hertzvan ,User10571 and Steve , but long for tyros (what a great 1950's word for inexpert ,unpractised etc.So much more elegant than ''newbie'' ! ) the old and the slow..like me. .....
Harbours of Kent ride could be extended to Sandwich ,Dover and Folkestone for the tigers...........and the new ,old and slow bail out at Ramsgate (Miles Cafe mentioned by User10571 may be a good place for an end of ride (tyros) or mid ride (tigers)

Diggs

Veteran
I'm in for this diary permitting and @Nigel182 has reminded me, there was talk of planning an Essex ride on the last Rye excursion. There's a new year resolution if ever there was one.

@All the gear no idea This is your patch as well

Top Bottom