England : Kent Spring Ride -The Harbours of Kent - Saturday 6th May 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User10571

Blimey, did it break clean off? I've never heard of that happening but at 14 and a bit stones and running a lot of seat post I do sometimes fear the worst.
65kg of nothing here.
But when it went it was like a gun shot.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
65kg of nothing here.
But when it went it was like a gun shot.

well thats my mind put safely at ease....I rode with you for a number of miles on the old bangers run to Brighton, hence my mentioning of weight, There's bugger all of you sir.

U

User10571

In my Small Plastic Box of Doom, which accompanies me on longer rides, there resides misc. nuts and bolts, including a seat post bolt.

I'll check my diary.
It was the bolt which secures the saddle rails to the seat post rather than the one for height adjustment.
Unfortunately, on this occasion, not only did the bolt shear, but the clamp was rendered cleft in twain - hence the walk to St. Peter's Cycles (Home of Torm apparel, for those who didn't know) and the acquisition of a replacement seat post.
Busy shop, nice people.

Last edited by a moderator:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
You might want to think of rebranding if you're considering putting that box idea on the market ;)
Big plastic box of doom?

martint235

Dog on a bike
I can't help but think that you have been looking forward to that for some time.....
Only a little. No more on call, no more duty phones to carry around. Straight 9-5 for most of my life from now on with the odd weekend deployment.

U

User10571

Only a little. No more on call, no more duty phones to carry around. Straight 9-5 for most of my life from now on with the odd weekend deployment.
Tops!
Odd weekends.
I remember (or I think I can) a few of those.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom