England : Kent Spring Ride -The Harbours of Kent - Saturday 6th May 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
It's timed for 11am on Monday. Everyone gets it at the same time. It's set for then so you've all got through your emails that built up at work over the holiday break.
Some of us won't even have started....

OP
OP
S

sotkayak

Veteran
Shame to lose our Friday Nighters for this ride.

Any chance of another date @sotkayak ?
It's a social collective , not a led ride , so date open for discussion and agreement !

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Gawd!

srw

Thanks for that.

Well I'm free all of May so will be able to make another date if it's suggested.
Errmmmm....

I'm wrong. It's not, is it? The Early May BH is the 1st May, so this is the following weekend. Oops.

And for the sake of those of us who are counting down to Monday morning, perhaps those who are privy to bits of the new Fridays timetable could avoid dropping hints? It does feel a bit them'n'us.

U

User482

Can someone please check the Fridays diary so we can get back on track with this thread ?

This is a great ride and it would be nice to be able to set a date for it when the max people are available.
If you want to keep to that time of year, the weekends of 13, 20 & 27 May all look to be free. A full list of Fridays rides is being published on Monday.

srw

The Flemmish ride is already published here, so time to register your interest.
Speaking purely personally....
I'd love to do this again, but we've got the same problem as usual on May Day Bank Holiday - my main annual work awayday is the week before that holiday, and the activities usually keep going until the Saturday. Last year we finished early and stayed in the UK, so it was (in theory) easy to get to Brussels in time. Next year we're likely to go abroad, so unless it's within very easy reach of Brussels it'll be a challenge. And then there's the slight matter of getting bike fit, made rather more difficult by being ill now!
The grand reveal was while I was still laid up at home, so I'm none the wiser.

And now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
It does feel a bit them'n'us.
The idea is that everyone who has signed up for updates gets the email at the same time. And only after all the ride leaders have contributed their bits about their rides and it has all been checked and gone over and there are no mistakes. The last thing we want is for someone to book holiday or train tickets or hotels etc and then the date of the ride is changed. This goes through the year to next December.

Then it is sent at 11am on Monday after all the holiday emails have been dealt with and peeps are back at work. The mailing software tells us that most are opened and read about mid-morning.
BUT
this particular ride might have made firm plans that might then have to be changed. Hence the hints.
Not perfect, I'd be the first to admit. But it sort of worked.

Top Bottom