Stage 9 **SPOILER**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Heh, lightweights. They'd never finish PBP if they insisted on a whole day off.

Actually, don't lots of the riders hate rest days? If they feel as bad the day after as I do for the first ten miles after a tea-stop on a century ride then I can sympathise.

BigSteev

I too am having withdrawal symptoms and, so it seems, are Sky who've had Simon Gerrans withdraw. Hardly a surprise as he's broke his arm. What is amazing is that he broke it 7k into yesterday's stage and then rode the remaining 182k to Avoriaz with it. Chapeau.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I too am having withdrawal symptoms and, so it seems, are Sky who've had Simon Gerrans withdraw. Hardly a surprise as he's broke his arm. What is amazing is that he broke it 7k into yesterday's stage and then rode the remaining 182k to Avoriaz with it. Chapeau.
Somewhat of a difference from all the wussie footballers, who fall, clutching their legs/arms/knees and rolling around like they are at death's door :rolleyes:.

Real men/women ride bikes :huh:

Steve H

Large Member
Yep - definitely missing watching it. Surprised myself at how much I got into it last week whilst I was off work.

Hmmm - not sure if I am really missing TdF, maybe I'm just hankering after another couple of weeks off work and dossing about riding my bike and watching tele!!

Is it common for riders to stretch their legs with a bit of riding on the rest day? According to LA's twitter, he has. Is this just because he's out of the running and therefore might as well enjoy the scenery?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It's make or break for Wiggo today. He has to, at least, stay with the leaders today up the Col du Madeleine if he's really got a top 5 or 10 in him.
I think one of the GC men will have a go today, probably As after Sunday's performance unless Bertie is better prepared today.

MichaelM

Guru
I think one of the GC men will have a go today, probably As after Sunday's performance unless Bertie is better prepared today.

How much of a gap would AS need over the top of the final climb to hold a lead to the finish? I think the top three will be unchanged after todays stage.

Top Bottom