1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stand

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by Elmer Fudd, 4 Dec 2007.

1. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

2. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

hmm, if that's one of the one's that mount near the bottom bracket, I'm always nervous then come lose and you annoyingly ding your leg against it when you're riding

3. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

Surely, NO-ONE on here would even contemplate one of those things? :biggrin::ohmy::ohmy:

4. PrettyboyTim

PrettyboyTim New Member

Actually, I bought one yesterday, and it's fine. Both legs fold up to the left side of the bike underneath the lefthand chainstay, out of the way of your feet. It's quite a clever little mechanism.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It holds the rear wheel off the floor by about 3cm, which I found useful last night for adjusting my gears, as even when the legs are down they don't interfere with the cranks :biggrin:

5. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo ! They are for shoppers !!!

6. OP
    OP
    Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

Aah! But as PBT says you can mess about with your back wheel to your hearts content and then weigh the back end of your bike down and mess about with the front wheel ! It's the dual purpose work stand !! :biggrin:
    (Anyway, I want one, my days of looking "cool" are long gone !)

7. PrettyboyTim

PrettyboyTim New Member

My bike is very much a 'utility' bike. There are no smooth lines to spoil. It is heavy and unaerodynamic but still takes me quickly to where I want to go. It has front and rear racks, two panniers, mudguards, swept-back granny handlebars, twin halogen front lights powered by a chunky lead-acid battery, rear and front LED lights, a bike camera, a hitch for the child trailer and sometimes a child seat attached to the rack.

Really, a stand isn't going to make much difference, and it is useful to have, especially when loading the young'un into the child seat.

8. Smokin Joe

It's a bigger sin than calling your teddy Mohamid.

9. PrettyboyTim

PrettyboyTim New Member

Why? You probably don't like mudguards either.

10. Smokin Joe

I've got mudguards on my winter hack.

But no stand.

11. PrettyboyTim

PrettyboyTim New Member

You're missing out. Honestly.