stand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
http://flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=2084495917&size=o
photo_zoom.gne

This post was a total c0ck up, I'd forgot how to download piccies from flickr, I blame the fruit juice.

Abitrary

hmm, if that's one of the one's that mount near the bottom bracket, I'm always nervous then come lose and you annoyingly ding your leg against it when you're riding

PrettyboyTim

Smokin Joe said:
Surely, NO-ONE on here would even contemplate one of those things? :biggrin::ohmy::ohmy:

Actually, I bought one yesterday, and it's fine. Both legs fold up to the left side of the bike underneath the lefthand chainstay, out of the way of your feet. It's quite a clever little mechanism.

1512pletscherlfh2.jpg

1512pletscheralt1gb9.jpg

It holds the rear wheel off the floor by about 3cm, which I found useful last night for adjusting my gears, as even when the legs are down they don't interfere with the cranks :biggrin:

OP
OP
Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Aah! But as PBT says you can mess about with your back wheel to your hearts content and then weigh the back end of your bike down and mess about with the front wheel ! It's the dual purpose work stand !! :biggrin:
(Anyway, I want one, my days of looking "cool" are long gone !)

PrettyboyTim

My bike is very much a 'utility' bike. There are no smooth lines to spoil. It is heavy and unaerodynamic but still takes me quickly to where I want to go. It has front and rear racks, two panniers, mudguards, swept-back granny handlebars, twin halogen front lights powered by a chunky lead-acid battery, rear and front LED lights, a bike camera, a hitch for the child trailer and sometimes a child seat attached to the rack.

Really, a stand isn't going to make much difference, and it is useful to have, especially when loading the young'un into the child seat.

PrettyboyTim

Smokin Joe said:
It's a bigger sin than calling your teddy Mohamid.

Why? You probably don't like mudguards either.

Top Bottom