Start the 2012 clock.... Derbyshire new year's day raid.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Yum, chomp, munch, mmmmmm..... still trying my best to finish off the biscuit selection tin so I won't get tempted by it anymore. I hope you can make it SDR GB. I suppose the Lowry bench at Mottram is starting to look like the logical meeting point.
Save some for Sunday ! I'll bring left over Christmas cake !!!!!

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Not sure if Im doing this. I wanted to do a season of forum rides / social rides instead of audax TT though its not working out. Ive just not been on the bike as much since I made the decision and my cycling has suffered due to lack of being on the bike so Im back on audax, TT mode. So don't really want to be climbing the peaks with no AAA points involved.

Also I never go up their in January caos of the weather and just stick with Shropshire or anywhere flat till about late February. Good luck with it. If I don't turn up. I 'll keep it in mind though :smile:
Oh come out to play !,you know you want too ;)

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Ok. Meeting time has been set. 10am departure from the Lowry statue in the centre of Mottram. The more the merrier so please come along, nobody will be left behind but be warned, there will be some long hills to climb.

If you say you are going to join us please be punctual, we will only hang around for about 5 mins if you are late.

POTSY, are you listening? Come and join the fun.

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Save some for Sunday ! I'll bring left over Christmas cake !!!!!
Biscuit tins are all finished but I did buy a yard of Jaffa Cakes in the pre-Christmas madness so I will bring a couple of boxes of them.

Weather forecast is starting to firm up and it looks like being a dry and bright day but with some winds. Should be almost perfect if predictions are correct.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Biscuit tins are all finished but I did buy a yard of Jaffa Cakes in the pre-Christmas madness so I will bring a couple of boxes of them.

Weather forecast is starting to firm up and it looks like being a dry and bright day but with some winds. Should be almost perfect if predictions are correct.
Looking forward to it,cake is slowly being nibbled at so it could be the last of the Quality Street toffee's !

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
No way for me - I'll be up too late with too much food and beer in me. Have a good ride.

potsy

Rambler
Have a good ride lads, have done my bit this week on the hilly roads around here :unsure:
I know Skud is planning on drinking plenty tonight so any pics tomorrow should be shared with the rest of us, especially if there is any pavement decorating xx(

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Just to avoid any confusion. MEETING AT MOTTROM CROSSROADS BY THE LOWRY STATUE (LOWRY ON A BENCH) AT 10AM!

All other mentions of meeting in Ashton or Denton are replaced by the Mottram meeting point.

Top Bottom