Start the 2012 clock.... Derbyshire new year's day raid.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Have a good ride lads, have done my bit this week on the hilly roads around here :unsure:
I know Skud is planning on drinking plenty tonight so any pics tomorrow should be shared with the rest of us, especially if there is any pavement decorating xx(
How very dare you Mr P ! I have you know i am tea total......from next year :laugh:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Just a big thankyou to Steve and Nigel for a good days ride even though i struggled a lot on the big stuff,i now know i need to ride more regulary as opposed to big distances every now and then.
Got Snake and Winnets under my belt and the cafe stop was well worth the pain :wacko:
Now drying out,will sort the bike out tomorrow because it got a bit muddy on the last bit along the Bridgewater canal ! Slicks and rutted mud at dusk made for an interesting final leg !

400bhp

Guru
Great ride today - thanks Steve(s)-nice to meet you both.:cheers:

75 miles, 3930 ft climbed avg 13.8 mph

Nice cafe too-that's another one to add to my list.:thumbsup:

Both Snake and Wiinnats caught me out today-not done them for 20 odd years. Went out way too fast up snake-just looked at my stats, did over 15mph for 1st mile up it but hit 170bpm-need to learn to back off.

When are we doing it again!

400bhp

Guru
I'm really glad I did today. If I keep this up I will have done 27k miles by the end of 2012.:whistle:

Skud Steve-don't put a downer on yourself too much-any miles are good miles and you are 75 miles ahead of 99% of the cycling population for 2012. :thumbsup:

potsy

Rambler
EH ? whats an ILS :scratch:
I.Like.Skol :scratch:

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
No! I am still alive. Just had to spend some time with family instead of chained to the lap top, real life has to come first sometimes. Loved it today even with the rain. Only 62 miles for me even though I detoured round Stockport to see you both safely on your way home and the sun coming out (well, it stopped raining :rain: ) once we passed into Cheshire was the icing on the cake. Some pictures in a few minutes.

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Here's a pic of Skuds leg as he attempts to leap into frame as the camera is blown around by the hurricane at the Snake Pass summit.
windy.jpg

And Here is the 3rd attempt that finally worked.
summit.jpg

And here are some suspicious looking characters eating cake in a lovely cafe with a real roaring fire.
cake.jpg

It was indeed a good day and great to meet a new forum personality to add to my growing list of cyclechat buddies.

potsy

Rambler
Good pics ILS, can tell it's winter Skuds got his shorts on :rolleyes:
Where's the rest of his cake? Don't tell me that's all he had? :mrpig:

Top Bottom