Starting to develop a dislike for A.M. joggers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan B

Disengaged member
What about a pothole? Always the riders fault if they hit one, right?
I've hit two in my time that were bad enough to need wheel fettling , and yes, both were my fault: once for not paying enough attention, and the other for tailgating the van in front

Jeez, what is it with people who are so fixated about starting an argument too prove what they say has to be right. I am on Sheldons side with this.

For the life of me i can't see how a shared path compares to being in the woods and as for telling the chap that they need more lights:banghead: If the jogger can not see the lights that are already on the bike what makes you think dressing the bike up like wembly stadium will make any difference.

Some people in life are just numptys:dry: like cycle ninjas you have jogger ninjas.
I appreciate the support Oldspice. Thanks!

I do appreciate everyone's opinions, and I've taken some to heart. Many a good point has been made which I plan on acting upon. I rode a bit slower this AM and raised the lights up a bit for a better ahead view.

However..
What I don't appreciate are the few "%$#@#%" that have to jump down my throat like I'm some sort of criminal. First reply they make and they come off as angry and bitter. Get a life people or get some pills...

As a newb to the forum it's a really welcoming feeling to have some " $%#$" jump down my throat on one of my first threads which I've started. Some folks are die hard cyclists it seems, and to them I say "yeah, good for you". They also say I'm giving cyclists a bad name with my "riding". Yet they treat a fellow cyclist like crap on his first post. Talk about calling the kettle black eh folks. Practice what you preach or shut up.

And as far as B.C. law and cyclists, well my wife practices B.C. law "Department of Justice" so I have a very good understanding of whats what. I made a crap comment to see just how far some people would take it, and to those few that just HAD to search and see what the law was, I say get a life or get out more and ride..you obviously need it.

To those that posted with some form of respect and dignity, weather positive or negative I say thanks. It's not what you say, but how you say it.

J.Primus

I appreciate the support Oldspice. Thanks!

I do appreciate everyone's opinions, and I've taken some to heart. Many a good point has been made which I plan on acting upon. I rode a bit slower this AM and raised the lights up a bit for a better ahead view.

However..
What I don't appreciate are the few "%$#@#%" that have to jump down my throat like I'm some sort of criminal. First reply they make and they come off as angry and bitter. Get a life people or get some pills...

As a newb to the forum it's a really welcoming feeling to have some " $%#$" jump down my throat on one of my first threads which I've started. Some folks are die hard cyclists it seems, and to them I say "yeah, good for you". They also say I'm giving cyclists a bad name with my "riding". Yet they treat a fellow cyclist like crap on his first post. Talk about calling the kettle black eh folks. Practice what you preach or shut up.

And as far as B.C. law and cyclists, well my wife practices B.C. law "Department of Justice" so I have a very good understanding of whats what. I made a crap comment to see just how far some people would take it, and to those few that just HAD to search and see what the law was, I say get a life or get out more and ride..you obviously need it.

To those that posted with some form of respect and dignity, weather positive or negative I say thanks. It's not what you say, but how you say it.

Why are you so angry?

I searched for the law on that comment you made as you stated joggers were breaking the law by wearing dark clothes and then were rude to the person who asked you to back it up with a link. I have a life thanks, it took me about 5 minutes to find that. Also it wasn't a crap comment to test how far people would go was it, you just made something up to back your point and got called on it. Accept it and move on.

If it sounds like you are cycling recklessly then yes you would be giving cyclists a bad name, pointing this out is not the pot calling the kettle black unless you have some alternative meaning of the phrase.

As for you last point I think you should seriously take your own advice on it. In fact on forums it is what you say and it's also how you say it and a lot of your posts have been quite aggressive on both counts. If you want a civil discussion try being civil and don't make things up and then bleat about people not having a life when you get found out.

Safe riding in future and I'm glad you've taken some of the points raised on board re speed and lighting.

Why are you so angry?

I searched for the law on that comment you made as you stated joggers were breaking the law by wearing dark clothes and then were rude to the person who asked you to back it up with a link. I have a life thanks, it took me about 5 minutes to find that. Also it wasn't a crap comment to test how far people would go was it, you just made something up to back your point and got called on it. Accept it and move on.

If it sounds like you are cycling recklessly then yes you would be giving cyclists a bad name, pointing this out is not the pot calling the kettle black unless you have some alternative meaning of the phrase.

As for you last point I think you should seriously take your own advice on it. In fact on forums it is what you say and it's also how you say it and a lot of your posts have been quite aggressive on both counts. If you want a civil discussion try being civil and don't make things up and then bleat about people not having a life when you get found out.

Safe riding in future and I'm glad you've taken some of the points raised on board re speed and lighting.

Angry, not at all. Called on it, OK then!

I'm simply amazed at the smarts it takes to take my post then twist it around to suit your needs.
BRAVO!

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
:eek::rofl:

J.Primus

Angry, not at all. Called on it, OK then!

I'm simply amazed at the smarts it takes to take my post then twist it around to suit your needs.
BRAVO!

What are my "needs" in pointing out that your posts are very aggressive and you've been rude to people? Also I didn't exactly need to twist that screed to make the point. But I'm sure it's everyone else, just carry on with your existing posting style and I'm sure you'll never fall out with anyone on a forum again.

I see you've followed up your accusation of me having no life with an insinuation about my intelligence.

Way to stay classy fella.

byegad

Legendary Member
Lets put it another way.

'I was driving my car which has poor lights on a dark foggy morning down a country road and hit a stupid pedestrian who had no Hi-Viz and no reflectives. He deserved to die!'

On my side now??????

sabian92

Über Member
a good too many drivers are of the opinion, and the judiciary, via sentencing policy, seem to think along the same lines... if you go out on a bicycle on an unlit/lit/NSL/dual carriageway road you deserve what happens to you. Death or serious injury.

Cyclists are required to have lights so if you're ninja-ing about, then you're an idiot as well. We berate ninja cyclists for the same thing as we're saying joggers don't need to do - why? Roads are generally well lit at night unless you're out in the country. If you run in pitch darkness with black clothes then that's completely different - and daft.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Cyclists are required to have lights so if you're ninja-ing about, then you're an idiot as well.
Are you addressing me here? If so wind your neck in, the lights on my bike melt tarmac.

We berate ninja cyclists for the same thing as we're saying joggers don't need to do - why? Roads are generally well lit at night unless you're out in the country. If you run in pitch darkness with black clothes then that's completely different - and daft.
I don't berate ninja cyclists so less of the we. You are free to do so.

As a driver I've encountered hundreds ninja cyclists over the years, yet I've never hit one. Why might that be?

Things as a driver/and cyclist I've encountered in the pitch dark on country lanes
Pedestrians in black
Joggers in black
Badgers
Deer
A mattress
More deer
A fridge
About 30 drain pipes
A bag of cement
Straw bales
Stray sheep (lots)
Stray goats
Stray cows
Cars with no lights
Motorbike with no lights
Cyclists with no lights
Fallen trees
Branches and other debris
etc.,
etc..

Managed to avoid them all, no collisions, no damage to me or them. Why might that be?

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
This thread is still going on?

I think because there are some runners on here like myself took offence from the start due to the "develop a dislike for A.M. joggers" title.

Then the smart arse's come along with their comments, then the OP takes offence then it quickly goes down hill.

Just though id summerise the events......

sabian92

Über Member
Are you addressing me here? If so wind your neck in, the lights on my bike melt tarmac.
I don't berate ninja cyclists so less of the we. You are free to do so.
As a driver I've encountered hundreds ninja cyclists over the years, yet I've never hit one. Why might that be?
Things as a driver/and cyclist I've encountered in the pitch dark on country lanes
Pedestrians in black
Joggers in black
Badgers
Deer
A mattress
More deer
A fridge
About 30 drain pipes
A bag of cement
Straw bales
Stray sheep (lots)
Stray goats
Stray cows
Cars with no lights
Motorbike with no lights
Cyclists with no lights
Fallen trees
Branches and other debris
etc.,
etc..

Managed to avoid them all, no collisions, no damage to me or them. Why might that be?

No, not at all, it was a statement aimed in general.

The different between a jogger who is basically invisible and most of those objects is that they're just things - not living beings.

I berate ninjas because it gives those who adhere to the law a bad name, just as RLJers do and pavement hoggers do.

Top Bottom