Statement Template!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Vikeonabike

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Everytime.. really should stop stalking Penelope Pitstop. Dick Dastardly is about where ever she is.

Thank you, Vike. Sadly, I've experienced an incident this morning which I've decided to report. I checked out the car details on the DVLA website, and discovered that the car concerned is not recently relicensed. At least the thug might get done for that. And driving without insurance, I'm prepared to bet.

I shall be very surprised indeed if the Traffic Criminal 'Justice' Unit give a shoot about me.

sue perb

Many thanks had to use this for a mg11 for sunday because of a white van man doing abh on me will put video up after case.
Should it take 4 days for police to take a mg11 ?..

Many thanks had to use this for a mg11 for sunday because of a white van man doing abh on me will put video up after case.
Should it take 4 days for police to take a mg11 ?..

Depends on the force and their systems.

In your case in my force, if the statement isn't taken immediately on your first contact with the police, then the job gets sent to investigation officers. How soon you get dealt with then depends on their case load and how they prioritise it, and a delay of more than a week isn't unknown.

On the whole though, your statement should be taken at your first point of contact with the police, which should be AT MOST under 72 hours in my force.

Different forces have different practices and policies though...

sue perb

I'm in Essex. I called 101 for advice the day of the incident (Thursday) and they told me an officer couldn't come and get my statement till 2pm Sunday. I then got a call 1.30pm Sunday telling me they wouldn't be able to make it. I offered to go to the station but they said civilian staff couldn't take my statement and that a officer would be out to me at some point.

OP
OP
Vikeonabike

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
I'm in Essex. I called 101 for advice the day of the incident (Thursday) and they told me an officer couldn't come and get my statement till 2pm Sunday. I then got a call 1.30pm Sunday telling me they wouldn't be able to make it. I offered to go to the station but they said civilian staff couldn't take my statement and that a officer would be out to me at some point.

Keep us updated Sue, any news on police attendance yet?

Top Bottom