Sticking Zip - any ideas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazyfatgit

Picked up a Lusso HT60 waterproof today from my LBS for a bargain price.
Quality seems good and it feels like it will be pretty waterproof. Only small issue is the main zip is a bit tough getting up and down with one hand.

Anybody got any experience of the is jacket? what's best to use to lube zip?

Willow

Why don't you try a bit of fairy liquid works on many things

do the zip up and then rub a candle up and down it a couple of times, then try if. If need be do it from the inside too. Candle wax will not wash away in the rain and you'll find it'll lube the zip for a good long while. Grandmother told me that, used it loads of times and it always works.

OP
OP
lazyfatgit

lazyfatgit

HeartAttack said:
do the zip up and then rub a candle up and down it a couple of times, then try if. If need be do it from the inside too. Candle wax will not wash away in the rain and you'll find it'll lube the zip for a good long while. Grandmother told me that, used it loads of times and it always works.

Yup, certainly improved.:biggrin:

thanks for the tip.

only issue is now, having discovered undersink cupboard contents strewn across kitchen floor, Mrs LFG now knows i have yet another piece of cycling apparel:blush:

philr

pencil

i recall it acts as a natural lubricant on zips.

mind you that was from my school days, a long, long, long time ago.

just rub the pencil along the zip several times, useless of course if the zip is light in colour.

philr said:
pencil

i recall it acts as a natural lubricant on zips.

mind you that was from my school days, a long, long, long time ago.

just rub the pencil along the zip several times, useless of course if the zip is light in colour.

Go along with this one, it's the graphite that does the trick.

Especially useful for those with a carbon-themed bike.;)

HeartAttack said:

I was always told this as well.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Gore-tex gear, in my experience, is always let down by any zips the garment may have. I worked for Gore for a few years and have tons and tons of their gear and every item where there is a zip, has failed in this area and they are impossible to replace as they are heat-bonded on to the material.

Top Bottom