Stockport cyclists beware!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Maybe someone who is a bit fed up of having their wing mirror kicked or punched off by passing yoofs with nothing better to do while the van is parked in the street?
Having been a victim of this, it had crossed my mind how to make it a painful experience for the culprit.
I've never kicked a mirror off - but if I was going to - I'd kick it off from the mirror side ? Or else you'd just be folding it in for them ?

Alex321

Veteran
Excellent - how many attempts did it take before they managed to miss you with the wheel but catch you with the mirror?:laugh:
I wouldn't have thought it would take many.

I have clipped another vehicle with my mirror without touching anything else (years ago, trying to squeeze through too small a gap, got too close to the parked van I was passing).

Reactions: C R

Brandane

Legendary Member
I think this is more likely than attempting to spike cyclists on the move
I'm not going with the paranoid cyclist theory either. There are much easier ways to hurt us with a vehicle, without resorting to putting screws through your mirror casing, and then having to possess the driving skills of actually hitting a cyclist with the mirror (which is the most unrealistic element in this theory).

Brandane

Legendary Member
I've never kicked a mirror off - but if I was going to - I'd kick it off from the mirror side ? Or else you'd just be folding it in for them ?
I'm not sure how their brains work, but I'm just putting it forward as a more likely reason for putting screws through a mirror casing.

I'm not sure how their brains work, but I'm just putting it forward as a more likely reason for putting screws through a mirror casing.
It's a hell of a lot of work isn't it ? And clearly it's never going to pass an MOT or be on the road long before it gets noticed and towed away ?

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
It's a hell of a lot of work isn't it ? And clearly it's never going to pass an MOT or be on the road long before it gets noticed and towed away ?

If it was in my area I wouldn't be waiting for up to a year for it to fail an MOT!

Who knows what goes through the smattering of brain cells of people who'd do this but you can be sure they don't give a damn about road traffic or construction & use regulations.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Excellent - how many attempts did it take before they managed to miss you with the wheel but catch you with the mirror?:laugh:
My rear view mirror got clipped by the driver side mirror on an old Fiesta. This was on a single track road where he should have stopped but was unable to do so in time as going too fast. This is a small community and he will take much more care in future.😠

Chris S

Legendary Member

65-651125_20-2016-ford-transit-front-bumper.jpeg

Drago

Legendary Member
I suspect its fake news, but if it is an offence should you ever encounter it. Several offences, in fact, both moving traffic and criminal.

Actually injure someone with it and because is so clearly planned aforethought there isn't really any defence or meaningful mitigation they can use, so a spell as room mates with Bubba is almost guaranteed.

Top Bottom