Stockport cyclists beware!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
My bit of Stockport is nice, thank you !

I was more referring to the general attitude of the drivers.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
If this is real, riders need to find one and take a load of photos, report it to the police and post it on the internet.

Up to now I am seeing the same wing mirror posted on lots of cycling sites.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
In that case I agree. They get worse in Manchester

The worst stretch by far on my commute between the Stockport and the City Centre is the area from Whitehill Industrial Estate in Reddish and the north end of Cringle Park. I think the worst drivers of Stockport and Manchester congregate there.

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I see that the guy who first spotted this has provided the van's reg number on his Twitter feed as J7 FCF, which shows up as an uninsured and MOT-less VW T30, 2014 model in black.

Maybe you could keep an eye out for it @GeekDadZoid ?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The worst stretch by far on my commute between the Stockport and the City Centre is the area from Whitehill Industrial Estate in Reddish and the north end of Cringle Park. I think the worst drivers of Stockport and Manchester congregate there.

I'll second that - please tell me you don't use the A6. That's where I got splatted just in Levenshulme. The A34 is better. It's all the 'shops' that are a nightmare and the crazy parking.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I see that the guy who first spotted this has provided the van's reg number on his Twitter feed as J7 FCF, which shows up as an uninsured and MOT-less VW T30, 2014 model in black.

Maybe you could keep an eye out for it @GeekDadZoid ?

I don't get a 2014 rather expensive T30 not being insured or taxed.... what is it with these folk. If you can afford one, tax/insure it.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
I'll second that - please tell me you don't use the A6. That's where I got splatted just in Levenshulme. The A34 is better. It's all the 'shops' that are a nightmare and the crazy parking.

I am not that brave! In the summer months I head on the Fallowfield loop to Wilmslow Road and use the cycle lane. But now its dark I cross the A6 just past McVities and follow the parallel route a few streets back from the A6, a fair bit of it is LTN now. Then ride down Plymouth Grove into the city. Much slower than just heading down the A6 but other than very late a night or on a Sunday I would not do the A6.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I don't get a 2014 rather expensive T30 not being insured or taxed.... what is it with these folk. If you can afford one, tax/insure it.
There are plenty of nobbers with money. Sadly, having money doesn't seem to translate into having any kind of social conscience. They like to have the blingy motors, but since tax and insurance can't be seen on FaceBook, they would rather not bother with such niceties.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
How can you tell it's insured? It's illegal to look that up unless they have been in collision with you.

Top Bottom