Stockport cyclists beware!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Indeed, whether its a ridiculous attempt to cause injury to cyclists or a defensive measure to stop yobs smashing their wing mirror off, it is stupid in every respect and will leave them open to prosecution, insurance invalidation and civil law cases which would like amount to being sued for a value far higher than the wing mirror replacement. Pathetic what measures people take...

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I live in Stockport and haven't seen anything like this, EVER.

There's maybe around 145,000 cars in Stockport. Your chances of spotting this are very low.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Maybe someone who is a bit fed up of having their wing mirror kicked or punched off by passing yoofs with nothing better to do while the van is parked in the street?
Having been a victim of this, it had crossed my mind how to make it a painful experience for the culprit.

Agreed. Seems much more likely, to me, than an "anti-cyclist" tactic. Being hit by a car/4x4 would be enough, no need for the nails/screws.

IF this is indeed a 'thing' - in Stockport or anywhere else - it is my view that it's most likely done by those who think that pavement parking is a perfectly legitimate activity, and that pedestrians who need to squeeze past on the inside for safety's sake (busy road, poor eyesight, etc) - and in the process of exercising their rightful free passage on the footway, happen to knock a wing mirror, either accidentally or out of necessity to make room to pass - are the ones who are totally out of order and deserve to be punished for being so inconsiderate as to try to walk on the footway which Big Baby driver needs to park on - waaaah sob sob temper tantrum ...

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Yes. I think this is total bolloxks until it is verified by the police.

How would you get that close to a bike without running him down anyway.

Dont believe everything you read and certainly dont repost it.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Yes. I think this is total bolloxks until it is verified by the police.

How would you get that close to a bike without running him down anyway.

Dont believe everything you read and certainly dont repost it.
The woman that did it to me seemed to find it remarkably easy.
So easy in fact that she told the police she didn't even realise she had done it.:sad:

Top Bottom