Stop annoying me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

walker

Does it only happen to me?

Picture the scene, I'm riding along passing rider after rider to my left on my trusty road bike, till I get to a red light, 1 or more passed rider's come around me to stop in front of me, the lights go green and rider is stuck in front of me doing 5mph. Seeing as though I passed these riders at 25mph while they are doing around 15mph. at what point in your head do you think that as soon as the lights change that your going to pull away faster than I am? what is the rush that makes you think your going to pull away at 30mph? stay behind me if your not fast enough.

I am going to kick on of these idiots to the kerb one of these days

domtyler

Über Member
Just make sure you go right to the front so they don't go past you.

yenrod

I see you point Walk's !

Maybe they're getting revenge for your sleek, muscle toned body passing them and this is the last stand ;)

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Say something to them instead of getting irritated, simply put yourself in primary so it doesn't matter, or block the way forward if that's possible. I assume you filter to the head of a queue of cars, so what's wrong with them doing the same thing?

OP
OP
walker

walker

BentMikey said:
Say something to them instead of getting irritated, simply put yourself in primary so it doesn't matter, or block the way forward if that's possible. I assume you filter to the head of a queue of cars, so what's wrong with them doing the same thing?

I keep left so cars can pull away in front of me, but I can't see the why other riders can't just create a line behind me, rather than in front of me.

domtyler

Über Member
walker said:
I keep left so cars can pull away in front of me, but I can't see the why other riders can't just create a line behind me, rather than in front of me.

There's your problem.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just say.... "Dooo you mind not getting in my way" - nah better not....

I took the road bike in today - hoping it doesn't rain as I'm going the long way home - got held up by two slower riders and a car following - one was sort of riding primary, then weaving in and out of cars over three junctions in close succession - I just waited in the traffic then flew past him at 27 mph, and then followed the cars in primary until my right turn came up (I was going the same speed as the cars).

Just block them off by putting your bike at an angle so they can't squeeze past.

Cab

This happens to me. I get to the white line first, they go straight through and wait in front. Sometimes telling them helps, usually it doesn't :rolleyes:

walker said:
Does it only happen to me?

Picture the scene, I'm riding along passing rider after rider to my left on my trusty road bike, till I get to a red light, 1 or more passed rider's come around me to stop in front of me, the lights go green and rider is stuck in front of me doing 5mph. Seeing as though I passed these riders at 25mph while they are doing around 15mph. at what point in your head do you think that as soon as the lights change that your going to pull away faster than I am? what is the rush that makes you think your going to pull away at 30mph? stay behind me if your not fast enough.

I am going to kick on of these idiots to the kerb one of these days

This happens to me all the time but what is annoying is when the same procedure happens for a few junctions in a row.

snorri

Legendary Member
Wish I had traffic lights to stop at, I could do with the rest sometimes. As it is I have to pretend I've stopped to look at something interesting at the roadside so that passers by won't think I am just exhausted.;);)

Top Bottom