Stop Press! Forum ride for scones, Hebden Bridge, Sunday 19th February.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Might not make it now, twisted my hip/groin climbing into the van at work and only just managed the mile home:sad: If I am not on the line before 9am have a goodun

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
I'm only over at Shaw and I'll join you one of these days but I dont have the confidence to do that distance yet :smile:

Cant get the training miles in at the mo neither due to not feeling too good :sad:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Might not make it now, twisted my hip/groin climbing into the van at work and only just managed the mile home:sad: If I am not on the line before 9am have a goodun
Ouch! Hopefully, you'll feel okay in the morning, but if not - I hope it doesn't take long to heal and see you soon!
I'm only over at Shaw and I'll join you one of these days but I dont have the confidence to do that distance yet :smile:

Cant get the training miles in at the mo neither due to not feeling too good :sad:
You'll be welcome when you feel ready!
We don't ride at any great speed,be nice to have some company riding up to meet colin and the rest :thumbsup:
Riding to meet up :eek:

I was thinking of slinging the bike in the boot and driving there ^_^
It's not quite so bad on the rides that go through Todmorden if you met us there. Shaw-Tod-Shaw is about 22 miles, but you'd save 9 miles by not having to ride Hebden-Tod-Hebden so it would actually 'only' be 13 miles extra rather than the full 22! Still, if the ride itself would be stretching your limits, I can see why you wouldn't want to add that extra 13.

Ajay

Veteran
Yes, good cakes at Puddleducks!
I'll intercept you on the road, Walker Fold / Chaigley area - you should be there 11:15ish?
Ride with you for coffee and cakes, then I'll head home through the Trough.
No hailstones though please.

potsy

Rambler
Unfortunately I'm going to have to pull out of the ride, just been out to do a quick errand in the car and the front tyre is flat as a pancake :sad:
No way I want to drive 60-70 miles on a space saver tyre with no spare.
Bugger, might have been like that for days as I've not used it all week.
Sorry.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Unfortunately I'm going to have to pull out of the ride, just been out to do a quick errand in the car and the front tyre is flat as a pancake :sad:
Sorry.
any excuse, i suppose i'll have to be the rear guard now.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Sorry.
Drat - bad luck! :sad:

(I initially misread your post and thought it was your bike tyre that was punctured - I wondered why you didn't just fix the thing!)

Yes, good cakes at Puddleducks!
I'll intercept you on the road, Walker Fold / Chaigley area - you should be there 11:15ish?

Ride with you for coffee and cakes, then I'll head home through the Trough.

No hailstones though please.
I reckon nearer 11:30. We got to Spring Wood at 11:00 last time and spent a few minutes there.

So - it looks like it will be:
  • ColinJ
  • potsy (car problems)
  • oldfatfool ??? (injury problems)
  • Pennine-Paul (meet at Todmorden)
  • bromptonfb (meet at Manchester Road lights)
  • AJay (just mid-ride section)
Any latecomers?

potsy

Rambler
any excuse, i suppose i'll have to be the rear guard now.
You would have been anyway :whistle:
This might teach me to check the car more often, was just off out on an errand and heard a horrible noise as I reversed, that's the trouble with all this cycle commuting, the car gets neglected and is probably sulking :cry:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I've put my new rear tyre on. It was a bit of a tight fit and I think I might have slightly pinched the inner tube getting it on, a mistake which I've found in the past can cause problems later. The tube seems to be holding pressure though so I might have got away with it. I'll check it again before 08:00 tomorrow to give myself time to swap tubes if I have to.

The other thing I remembered to do was to check my front brake blocks. Good job I did because they were very worn. I've swapped in the ones off my Cannondale for now.

I seem to have mislaid the nuts & bolts from my rear Crud Roadracer so I'll ride without that fitted. It is supposed to be dry tomorrow so I shouldn't need it.

I'll wait in the car park until 09:00 in case DCLane, oldfatfool or anybody else does turn up, but then I'll set off to meet Pennine-Paul in Todmorden. If anybody comes along after 09:00 and I have already gone - chase after me. I won't be riding that quickly so you should be able to catch me and P-P before Burnley.

I'll check this thread again at about 08:20 tomorrow to see if any of you have posted messages for me.

Top Bottom