Stop Press! Forum ride for scones, Hebden Bridge, Sunday 19th February.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Very, very good. I didn't want to bump your thread with tales of mine, However if I can get this new camera [it was given to us] to upload a picture to the computer I took at the start it's fairly amazing. Will work on it a bit later.
Please feel free to do so!

I know that I am often guilty of going off-topic in other people's threads (or even my own!) but I think as long as it isn't over-done and the thread ends up back on track it is fine. As far as I am concerned it's perfectly acceptable for you to post about your ride here if you want to.

I joined one programming forum and they were so stupidly strict that I was jumped on for posting in a thread that I'd had a similar problem to the original poster! They said I should start another thread and link to the original. How crazy is that! (You could end up with scores of similar threads instead of confining the discussion to one thread.)

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Grrr keep getting this message when I try to upload the pic, any ideas?
"The file is too large for the server to process" or words to that effect.
That will be the "Tried to post a multi-megapixel digital camera image without resizing to sensible size to view online" error! :thumbsup:

Shrink it down to something more manageable like 1024 x 768 pixels first and you should be okay. Discussion in this thread.

Ok, basically I drove over to Cambridge, should have been about 50 mins but A14 was closed and that's another story! Anyway parked up at a friends house and rode with them to our the start of the 75 mile club reliability ride. When we got there I was expecting maybe 20 - 30 club riders, I took this picture but couldn't get everyone in, this is about half of who was there and many more were still arriving:
Camb Rel Ride 19th Feb 002_2592x1944.jpg

There were over 100 riders, just couldn't step back far enough to get everybody in. 5 rides went out of varying abilities each with their own leader, in effect if you bonked the next slower ride would pick you up, great system!
In the end I did 82 miles at an overall average of 16mph with 900m of climbing. Oh and there were at least 20 women riding.

italiafirenze

World's Greatest Spy
That links not working for me,just bringin up some boxers having an argy bargy
not impressed with that cafe today,there's a lot more room in pubs than these pokey little cafes,
£5.70 for a cheese toastie :angry:

I've only just seen this thread but would've warned any body making a first stop at Dunsop Bridge to bring extra money. There is sometimes a little tea room open in the school hall on a Sunday.

Top Bottom