Stop Press! Forum ride for scones, Hebden Bridge, Sunday 19th February.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
That is a proper slash ! We had a big run of Porsche Boxster's snapping front springs at one point,did you have to get your springs sorted at the same time or risk the same happening to the new tyre ?
Bloody cars always cost good cycle gear money !!!

potsy

Rambler
That links not working for me,just bringin up some boxers having an argy bargy
not impressed with that cafe today,there's a lot more room in pubs than these pokey little cafes,
£5.70 for a cheese toastie :angry:
:ohmy: Blimey, didn't realise you'd gone to London.
Has Colin made it back yet?

spoke to him on the phone on the way back he wondered where I'd got to.
I'd stopped to chat to Bromptonfb and he was probably heading down Cliviger by then,
never saw him on the way to tod,so he probably went straight home
said he was going to have a beer or 2 and watch the track racing when he got home,
He's probably spark out on the sofa :laugh:

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
nice ride lads. really really really hard work for me. the toasty's and coffee were £6.40 weren't they paul? i completely blew at rossy rd traffic lights and walked about half the distance home, about 2 1/2 miles of walking.

i'm coughing up green phlegm, i think i might have a chest infection, there was one going round at my last placement. i thought i'd got away with it, i'll know in the morning whether it was the cold wind or an infection. my head's come out in a weird red rash and i've got a temperature.

i did 53 miles at just over 11mph average inc the walking so not too bad for how i was feeling at the end.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Toasty on it's own was £5.70

only 70p for a cup of coffee seems quite reasonable tho

Sunburn????
My face feels slightly burnt this morning
didn't realise the coffee was so reasonable, makes the cheese toasty even worse. what a crap cafe that was. sunburn? not under my hat and buff, the rash has turned into one red blob now, but i don't feel chesty as much.

basically, i just need to mtfu and get out riding more. defo going back to fixie tho, i don't like getting windchill downhill, i'd rather be down a mile or two on my average mph.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yes - I did (eventually) get home, folks. It was a lovely day out in the sunshine and I was very glad that I'd done the sensible thing and not ridden the Mini-NWP on Saturday!

There was quite some difference between yesterday's weather and that of 3 weeks before ...

Jan 29th
cold-in-them-thar-hills.jpg

Feb 19th
ribble-valley-cyclist-sunny-winter-day.jpg

There are enough pictures of my spare tyre on here thank you :tongue:
I have a good picture of Colin's though, if anybody hasn't seen it yet :hello:
I'd rather that 'before weight loss' picture didn't resurface until I have an inspiring 'after weight loss' picture to show with it! :blush:

Made it back for 18.10, 88 miles today,
was a cracking ride out today,definitely a hint of spring in the air,
only had to get off once today on the roman road,
finally managed to get up Manchester road without stopping ^_^
It was very noticeable how much fitter you are now than you were last year when I first met you. Not having a nasty chest infection clearly helps!

spoke to him on the phone on the way back he wondered where I'd got to.
I'd stopped to chat to Bromptonfb and he was probably heading down Cliviger by then,
never saw him on the way to tod,so he probably went straight home
said he was going to have a beer or 2 and watch the track racing when he got home,
He's probably spark out on the sofa :laugh:
We had said goodbye to bromptonfb at the end of the Padiham Greenway. He said that he was knackered and wanted to ride home at his own pace.

Oldfatfool and I didn't realise that Paul had stopped behind to chat with Shaun so I rang Paul once I'd got to the top of the climb after Manchester Road. He said he was okay, but was way behind so we decided to go on.

nice ride lads. really really really hard work for me. the toasty's and coffee were £6.40 weren't they paul? i completely blew at rossy rd traffic lights and walked about half the distance home, about 2 1/2 miles of walking.

i'm coughing up green phlegm, i think i might have a chest infection, there was one going round at my last placement. i thought i'd got away with it, i'll know in the morning whether it was the cold wind or an infection. my head's come out in a weird red rash and i've got a temperature.

i did 53 miles at just over 11mph average inc the walking so not too bad for how i was feeling at the end.
Hmm - I woke up hoarse and chesty today. I hope I haven't caught your lurgy, and I hope you get over yours quickly!

I'm still very unfit, but take some comfort from the fact that despite yesterday's ride being 116 kms (72 miles)- 10 km (6.2 miles) longer than the one on the 29th January - I did it 25 minutes faster and it hurt less, so that is progress.

I'll write up the ride and sort out some more photos later, but I have lots to this afternoon so that will be tonight or tomorrow.

Top Bottom