Stopping and helping a fellow cyclist.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I think that's junk, like putting white wine on a red wine stain: all it does is dilute the black oil stain with "clean" oil and if the black oil has enough black matter mixed in, you then just have a bigger slightly-less-black oil stain to clean up. If it manages to "just lift right off", there wasn't that much black matter in it anyway.

The way to remove oil is soap, which suspends the oil in water so it can be washed off. Mechanically, soap with some small solids in, to help work it into the small dents and gaps, such as Swarfega Orange (which has couscous-like granules in), is slightly more effective than soap alone.

Well it works for me, which is why I posted it.

It was in fact filthy stuff from off of the tractor, proper black, and a good quantity too.

But it's fine you don't have to believe me.

Others can try it for themselves, if they like.

Reactions: mjr

Bianchi boy

Über Member
i always offer to help, if it looks like they need the assistance (scratching Heads), generally i carry a track pump in the car when out and about, you never know you may come across someone who likes 140 psi ,like me. ^_^

Well it works for me, which is why I posted it.

It was in fact filthy stuff from off of the tractor, proper black, and a good quantity too.

But it's fine you don't have to believe me.

Others can try it for themselves, if they like.

I remember when I lived ... somewhere ... where we still suffered aftereffects of an oil spill on some of the beaches; eucalyptus oil wipes were in everyone's bag if you planned a trip to the beach. They got rid of the horrid stuff in a jiffy. Also if you took your dog to the beach you'd better have a bottle of sunflower or corn oil with you to remove the stuff from his or her paws.

As others have said, always stop and ask if everything is Ok..thing is I really hope they say its fine - I have no idea how to fix anything, *think* I could manage a puncture out in the wild (can in my living room) but not been tested in the wild yet...but I do carry everything, I am literally the man with all the gear and no idea, my hope is I meet someone stuck who has no gear but all the idea ^_^

i always offer to help, if it looks like they need the assistance (scratching Heads), generally i carry a track pump in the car when out and about, you never know you may come across someone who likes 140 psi ,like me. ^_^
As I prefer to proceed ahead rather than up and down is 90psi allowed? 😉

Pointless post then. 😉

Top Bottom